Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2018 6:42:43 PM EDT
Good afternoon all. I came across a German made HK 93 today and it comes with a variety of extra mags and accessories. Seller is asking $3k for the lot and was wondering if this is worth checking out? This sort of grabbed my attention out of nowhere...one of those things you don't think you need until you see it.

It looks like the seller has the City abbreviation and area code engraved on the lower. Anyone know the reason this might be?

I've posted the link below if you'd like to review and add your thought. Thanks for any advice and things to look out for!

HK 93
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
HK 93
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the correction on that! That's what I get for typing this up via my phone and fat fingers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I think that's a reasonable price. I'd almost be tempted to check it out myself although I bought one that was converted to a 33k not too long ago(waiting on the form 4).
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]
The city engraving is original is the importers data.
Nice rifle with a bunch of stuff. The 5 round magazine is a hard to find item. I'm not a fan of the side folding stock, it's not factory. Have to be careful changing stocks on 93's because there are buffered and unbuffered bolt carriers. I can't tell for sure but looks like the A2 stock has metal cap so it would be unbuffered (which is more desirable imo). Be sure to check for roller marks on the receiver rails, happens sometimes on 93's.
Overall pretty decent deal considering all the extra stuff.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The city engraving is original is the importers data.
Nice rifle with a bunch of stuff. The 5 round magazine is a hard to find item. I'm not a fan of the side folding stock, it's not factory. Have to be careful changing stocks on 93's because there are buffered and unbuffered bolt carriers. I can't tell for sure but looks like the A2 stock has metal cap so it would be unbuffered (which is more desirable imo). Be sure to check for roller marks on the receiver rails, happens sometimes on 93's.
Overall pretty decent deal considering all the extra stuff.
View Quote
Owner said his dad purchased it 25+ years ago and can't recall if it's ever been shot as it's always been stored away. The engraving "ARL VA 22201" also leads me to believe this has been kept in the family because that's where the current owner lives. He does have the original stock and will be sure to ask about the buffer bolt carrier. He's getting additional specs from his dad and will confirm what's genuine vs. aftermarket.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#7]
That's just the import markings. All of them have it. Here's my IC date code 91.

Oh, and I would buy it if I had that money. The 93 is a sweet rifle.

Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
From the picture posted it looks like an HK 91 not a .223  HK 93.
Hk 91 are .308 and that  sure looks like an .308 mag
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From the picture posted it looks like an HK 91 not a .223  HK 93.
Hk 91 are .308 and that  sure looks like an .308 mag
View Quote
That's my 91. The ad OP posted was a 93.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't pull up the pics but as others have said, it's a decent deal with the extras. I picked up a 93 on EE here about a year and half ago for 2600 with no extras; it's now a Hk 53 courtesy of TSC, at 4 months and counting on stamp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top