Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2013 5:50:11 PM EDT
I can find anything more than maybe a picture or two online.  I'm looking at the one on HKparts.  Does anyone else make a nice one?

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you referring to the Eagle Industries shoulder rig?

I did a review on it several months ago and threw it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_D-7-vLzKc

Yeah, I know... I'm not the best person in front of a camera as I tend to ramble on a lot and it takes me a few to collect my thoughts.

I've worn it while working a table at a gun show just to see how it was for several days. Essentially, you have to adjust everything to fit your body. It's definitely not "ready to go out of the box" and be comfortable. Once you do get it adjusted, it has excellent weight distribution and fits very well. I drove to the gun show with my MP5K holstered and it was quite comfortable.

All in all, it works well for it's intended purpose: concealed carrying a submachine gun  and having it able to be brought into action quickly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#2]
That review was great.  It contained everything I'd wanted to know.

Do you happen to know if the HK model is simply an HK branded eagle holster?

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That review was great.  It contained everything I'd wanted to know.

Do you happen to know if the HK model is simply an HK branded eagle holster?

As far as I know, yes they are the same except for the label and the associated "HK marked' pricing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The one that I have isn't marked HK. It just has the Eagle Industries logo patch on the inside of the harness on the right hand side. From what I remember reading in the MP5 book by Frank James (which is where I learned most of what I know about this rig), Eagle Industries was the sole maker of this rig. I'm sure they sold them to HK who proceeded to put their logo on them. I have an airsoft version that is a near perfect reproduction of the Eagle Industries one. The only difference is the airsoft version doesn't have the tab stitched into the snap to break with your middle finger and release the gun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The one that I have isn't marked HK. It just has the Eagle Industries logo patch on the inside of the harness on the right hand side. From what I remember reading in the MP5 book by Frank James (which is where I learned most of what I know about this rig), Eagle Industries was the sole maker of this rig. I'm sure they sold them to HK who proceeded to put their logo on them. I have an airsoft version that is a near perfect reproduction of the Eagle Industries one. The only difference is the airsoft version doesn't have the tab stitched into the snap to break with your middle finger and release the gun.

Where did you find the airsoft rig?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh jeez... You had to ask a hard one, lol.  I ordered it about 3 years ago from a website I found in a Google search for MP5 shoulder harness. It was $50 at the time. I tried to use it once, but gave up on it and it's been sitting in a box of other holsters that I don't use. I was actually thinking of throwing it away a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh jeez... You had to ask a hard one, lol.  I ordered it about 3 years ago from a website I found in a Google search for MP5 shoulder harness. It was $50 at the time. I tried to use it once, but gave up on it and it's been sitting in a box of other holsters that I don't use. I was actually thinking of throwing it away a few weeks ago.

I'll take it off your hands for a few bucks if you are going to get rid of it, shoot me a PM if you want to...
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you guys seeing the Eagle model for sale anywhere?
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you guys seeing the Eagle model for sale anywhere?

Eagle does not make them anymore, when I picked one up they had to search the warehouse (this was a few years ago) and luckily still had a box with a few of them in it.

Best bet is Gunbroker, they turn up occasionally.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 5:18:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh wow.  Maybe I'll just go ahead and grab the HK branded model from HKparts...
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have seen them show up for under $100 on Gunbroker, so if you aren't in a rush it is worth keeping an eye out.

I just got the airsoft copy the other poster sold to me, it is just as nice as the original Eagle rigs, if anything the behind the shoulder adjustment is better than the original (webbing through plastic triglide for the airsoft one vs. two halves that velcro together on the Eagle rig)

The airsoft one is milforce brand and is true cordura, so it might be worth just finding one of those to save the bucks.  Normally I would not recommend airsoft goods for real gun stuff, but the construction looks good.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen them show up for under $100 on Gunbroker, so if you aren't in a rush it is worth keeping an eye out.

I just got the airsoft copy the other poster sold to me, it is just as nice as the original Eagle rigs, if anything the behind the shoulder adjustment is better than the original (webbing through plastic triglide for the airsoft one vs. two halves that velcro together on the Eagle rig)

The airsoft one is milforce brand and is true cordura, so it might be worth just finding one of those to save the bucks.  Normally I would not recommend airsoft goods for real gun stuff, but the construction looks good.

Dawg, glad you like the rig!

I would also keep an eye on the NFA section of the equipment exchange here. That's where I picked up the one I had for $80 shipped...
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Still no pics?
At this rate I'm going to have to find mine, just so SOMEBODY will post pics.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 6:12:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this the airsoft one you have?
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok so I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the harness in the link above. On the factory site it says its 1000D cordura and makes it sound similar to the original. factory page

For anybody else wanting this, it's $40 + $5 shipping but I was able to use coupon code VGHS and got $8 off (20%) so it was $37 shipped total.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this the airsoft one you have?

Yes that is it, and Evike is good to go, have ordered a few things from them and parts shipped quickly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the info on this Dawg. I've been looking for an affordable harness for mine for a long time. Seems I'm always too slow or too broke... There was another brand they had but I went with the one you mentioned since the other one didn't have any reviews and they were the same price anyway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I was able to score one of the Eagle models for $60 from a gentleman on HKpro.  That seemed like a fair price.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Now that I'm looking at the site, I'm fairly certain that's where I originally got the rig that I sent to Dawg...
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, I know... I'm not the best person in front of a camera as I tend to ramble on a lot and it takes me a few to collect my thoughts.

I liked the video, had considered one of these, just for shits-n-giggles, as I am working on a K-build now. Your video helped explain to me the layout, as HKParts just shows a pic of jumbled straps and snaps. Now I undersand how it actually fits the human form.

Sidenote: when I watched your video, this video showed up. I think you should get her to help you next time

Link Posted: 1/26/2013 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Now that I'm looking at the site, I'm fairly certain that's where I originally got the rig that I sent to Dawg...

Well then I got a heck of a bargain!
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Indeed! I hate to see things just go to waste.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I got my harness in that I ordered. It takes a while to get adjusted and I'm at the end of some of the adjustments already. I'm guessing they are made for kid size bodies or maybe Germans are shorter than 6' 1"...

I have gotten it close to fitting well but haven't tried "drawing" it really yet. An extended thumb break would be a nice feature. It did not come with the extra cord to use with a stock but all that is is some cord with a ring so that's no biggie.

Overall I'm happy and it seems well made. It is definately worth the $37 I paid as I don't see how there could be $70-100 more value over this for the name brand. I was using my MP5 book as reference material for setting it up and it's operation.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#24]
So me being 6'4" - Might have issues with this ehh?
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So me being 6'4" - Might have issues with this ehh?

I adjusted the belt loop ot as far as I could and went up from there adjusting. The gun height when "holstered" (It's really more of just being strapped in) is set by the belt loop height. I could probably get another couple of inches if  went to the very end of the harness so it may still work for you. I had to shorten up quite a bit the width across the back despite being a fairly broad shouldered guy. Maybe I should have let that out and shortened up the vertical straps some. Who knows? There isn't any real instructions on this anywhere I've ever seen.

If all else fails you could just get more strap material and make longer ones. The major parts of the harness thats all sewn together are just connected by the straps.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ok so I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the harness in the link above. On the factory site it says its 1000D cordura and makes it sound similar to the original. factory page

For anybody else wanting this, it's $40 + $5 shipping but I was able to use coupon code VGHS and got $8 off (20%) so it was $37 shipped total.

For that price, I couldn't say no.  Coupons updates to EVIKE2013
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If all else fails you could just get more strap material and make longer ones. The major parts of the harness thats all sewn together are just connected by the straps.

Don't even have the MP5K yet, not about to make my own harnes, but will keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I actually have an HK marked Eagle shoulder rig for sale in the ee right now. Too bad it comes with a ca89k as well lol..........
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I actually have an HK marked Eagle shoulder rig for sale in the ee right now. Too bad it comes with a ca89k as well lol..........

Well since the going rate is about $100 for a HK harness I'll give you that and you can throw in the CA89k!

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I had considered contacting you about just the harness...

But, someone PM'd me looking to sell one.  It's already hanging on a rack about 2' from me as I type this.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#31]
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=328559334

Here is an HK marked one on Gunbroker right now.  I have no affiliation with the seller, just happened to stumble across it.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=328559334

Here is an HK marked one on Gunbroker right now.  I have no affiliation with the seller, just happened to stumble across it.

That isn't a bad price if anyone wants one.  I already picked one up from an HKpro member.

...but my gun is still several months out.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:. I'm guessing they are made for kid size bodies or maybe Germans are shorter than 6' 1"...

Just wanted to reiterate this point.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 4:57:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:. I'm guessing they are made for kid size bodies or maybe Germans are shorter than 6' 1"...

Just wanted to reiterate this point.

Haha. I was able to make mine work. I wonder if he Eagle/HK harness would have been any larger but I think I would still have been fine with this one over paying a lot more money for something that won't really get used that much.

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I've worn it while working a table at a gun show just to see how it was for several days. Essentially, you have to adjust everything to fit your body. It's definitely not "ready to go out of the box" and be comfortable. Once you do get it adjusted, it has excellent weight distribution and fits very well. I drove to the gun show with my MP5K holstered and it was quite comfortable.

All in all, it works well for it's intended purpose: concealed carrying a submachine gun  and having it able to be brought into action quickly.

Nice review!
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice review!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take it off your hands for a few bucks if you are going to get rid of it, shoot me a PM if you want to...

The Airsoft brand is avilable for $40.00 at www.evike.com

I bought one a few years back and took it on a personal protection detail and it held up pretty good.

link to product
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#38]
When I strap the gun in the harness, it seems to want to tilt forward quite a bit.  I'm not sure if I'm "doing it wrong?"
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When I strap the gun in the harness, it seems to want to tilt forward quite a bit.  I'm not sure if I'm "doing it wrong?"

I found that I had that happening with mine, until I adjusted the straps so that the bulk of the gun is resting over the "shoulder strap" part of the harness. Once the mass is more or less over your body's centerline, it tends to have less forward tilt to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top