Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2008 4:30:35 PM EDT
Anyone order one recently, what was the wait time like? Is it still coharie arms, or has the name changed again
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one on order, it's been two weeks since I ordered it.  Should have shipped out thursday.  I read on Todd's board that he might be sick or had to be off for a little while.  So it sounds like they might not ship any more guns for a while.  I was chomping at the bit to get it, but that's part of life.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've got one on order, it's been two weeks since I ordered it.  Should have shipped out thursday.  I read on Todd's board that he might be sick or had to be off for a little while.  So it sounds like they might not ship any more guns for a while.  I was chomping at the bit to get it, but that's part of life.  

Did you order a 9mm gun? Rifle or pistol config?
I'm ordering a couple CA94's in 10mm next week but have a buddy that wants something in 9mm.
I appreciate any info you can provide.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a CA89, which is the full-size 9mm pistol.  This is not the CA89k-that's the SP89 style pistol.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I am ordering a CA89K on Monday.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am ordering a CA89K on Monday.

Do these still have to be ordered direct, or do they have a site now?
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 1:42:25 AM EDT
[#6]
You have  to email or Wendy to order.  There is no website persay.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 2:43:51 AM EDT
[#7]
They have to be ordered direct, but here's a link to Todd's website with an ad with prices and the various models: www.hk-54.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1189.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
You will be very lucky to get it in two weeks. I bought a 9mm & a 40cal. The 9 took 2 months & the .40cal took almost 3.5 months.

Ed
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered the CA89 1 week ago. They said it would be 2-6 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought my mp5k clone off gunbroker and it took a month and a half for them to send in the form 3
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You will be very lucky to get it in two weeks. I bought a 9mm & a 40cal. The 9 took 2 months & the .40cal took almost 3.5 months.

Ed

I waited for about 2 months for my CA89k, but they didn't have them built yet and was told that there'd be a wait time.  I was under the impression that they had these CA89s already built and ready to ship, but I may have been mistaken.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#12]
If they said 1 month then it would be 2 months in reality.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ed

I waited for about 2 months for my CA89k, but they didn't have them built yet and was told that there'd be a wait time.  I was under the impression that they had these CA89s already built and ready to ship, but I may have been mistaken.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Just some F.Y.I., as posted today on Todd's website:

Coharie Arms cutting productiontion models 4-4-08

As of today CA has decided to cut production of the following guns

1) CA89 pistol
2) CA89k pistol
3) CA94 fs rifle
4) All 40 cal and 10 mm guns

all of these will be replaced with one model for now

CA94 std rifle

16 inch barrel
non ambi lower
navy lower sf
fixed stock
NONE fluted chamber for reloading
NO paddle mag release

Price on this new gun will be $900 NO fancy cases just card board one mag.

We have about 250 of the mix of old guns in process when those sell out NO more will be made if you want any of the old stuff get it now. We are stream lining the production on one model for now we are looking at ending the production for good in late summer or fall!!! that is up in the air for now.

The mix of parts and delays on some of the critical parts will allow us to really pump out guns by going to this configuration

we will also have a great 12 gun price on these guns.

Linky Link

Anyone interested better be making a phone call......
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad I got my CA94 when I did. The new version sounds very dissappointing.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#15]
What credit cards do they accept...?
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:38:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What credit cards do they accept...?

FWIW, I used Discover.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 6:08:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't have any credit cards, but I used a Visa debit card. I like being able to check on my online account to see if they've shipped it yet.  They will charge you when they ship it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I called in for a CA94 fs rifle today. This is the one with the fake supressor pinned to the 3 lug barrel, correct?

Hopefully it arrives in the next month. I plan to upgrade with:
HK Extractor
HK Copper Spring
HK Factory Mags

Also plan to shoot Wolf 115gr, is this powerful enough to cycle 100%?

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I called in for a CA94 fs rifle today. This is the one with the fake supressor pinned to the 3 lug barrel, correct?

HK Extractor
HK Copper Spring
HK Factory Mags

Any other suggestions?
The wolf stuff is sort of hit-or-miss. Regular S&B is very reliable though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Not sure that I'd change out the extractor....I have a SBR'd CA89 and started having extraction problems around the 500 rd mark so I changed the extractor and spring. Problem went away for about 1000rds and then came back with a vengeance. Upon examination the extractor spring had no spring tension....the only thing that I can figure out is that the dimensions on the Hk extractor are different than the CA which caused undo flex. I replaced the CA extractor and continued to use the Hk spring. I'm at about 1200 rds with this set up and zero FTEs.

BL is I'd just replace the springs and leave the CA extractor in place. The other option it would seem is to replace the entire bolt group....pricey.

Definitely go with Hk curved mags. The CA mags suck and are pure shit. It's a nice gun and a shame that they're trying to save a couple bucks by including those crappy mags.

Enjoy your gun, it's a hoot

Quoted:

HK Extractor
HK Copper Spring
HK Factory Mags

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Just some F.Y.I., as posted today on Todd's website:

Coharie Arms cutting productiontion models 4-4-08

As of today CA has decided to cut production of the following guns

1) CA89 pistol
2) CA89k pistol
3) CA94 fs rifle
4) All 40 cal and 10 mm guns

all of these will be replaced with one model for now

CA94 std rifle

16 inch barrel
non ambi lower
navy lower sf
fixed stock
NONE fluted chamber for reloading
NO paddle mag release

Price on this new gun will be $900 NO fancy cases just card board one mag.

We have about 250 of the mix of old guns in process when those sell out NO more will be made if you want any of the old stuff get it now. We are stream lining the production on one model for now we are looking at ending the production for good in late summer or fall!!! that is up in the air for now.

The mix of parts and delays on some of the critical parts will allow us to really pump out guns by going to this configuration

we will also have a great 12 gun price on these guns.

Linky Link

Anyone interested better be making a phone call......

So for those of us that ordered one of these just before 4/4/08. Do you think we will ever see them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So for those of us that ordered one of these just before 4/4/08. Do you think we will ever see them.

Yes, I think you will get your firearm.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I would say yes, but they will not continue further production on them, if you want one, get it now
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Not sure that I'd change out the extractor....I have a SBR'd CA89 and started having extraction problems around the 500 rd mark so I changed the extractor and spring. Problem went away for about 1000rds and then came back with a vengeance. Upon examination the extractor spring had no spring tension....the only thing that I can figure out is that the dimensions on the Hk extractor are different than the CA which caused undo flex. I replaced the CA extractor and continued to use the Hk spring. I'm at about 1200 rds with this set up and zero FTEs.

BL is I'd just replace the springs and leave the CA extractor in place. The other option it would seem is to replace the entire bolt group....pricey.

Definitely go with Hk curved mags. The CA mags suck and are pure shit. It's a nice gun and a shame that they're trying to save a couple bucks by including those crappy mags.

Enjoy your gun, it's a hoot

Quoted:

HK Extractor
HK Copper Spring
HK Factory Mags

Any other suggestions?

Ditto to these posts.  Only thing I would add is that in my case (an SBR'ed CA94) both the curved and straight HK mags have been 100%.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Is 922r an issue on the Coharie guns? will adding HK furniture and HK mags require other US parts to be swapped in?
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I see he has them back on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, it came in, took 7 days. I was expecting 2 months, not sure how that happened!

Looks pretty good, but some of the knockoff furniture feels cheaper than the real HK stuff. Only other complaint is the plastic cocking tube and handle, but the metal work and reciever look pretty good.

I will have to see how she shoots
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Well, it came in, took 7 days. I was expecting 2 months, not sure how that happened!

Looks pretty good, but some of the knockoff furniture feels cheaper than the real HK stuff. Only other complaint is the plastic cocking tube and handle, but the metal work and reciever look pretty good.

Pics?

which model and all that?

I ordered one last monday.  I have no idea when to expect it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pics?

which model and all that?

I ordered one last monday.  I have no idea when to expect it.

From his previous post in this thread:

Quoted:

HK Extractor
HK Copper Spring
HK Factory Mags

Any other suggestions?

So he ordered a CA94.  I wonder why the CA94 models are shipping and the CA89 models aren't.  End caps out of stock maybe?  I'm still waiting patiently.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes, full size 9mm fake can CA 94 FS, It also came with the aluminum case which I was not sure if they were still included (nice touch, although UPS took a beating on it).

I will try to get pics up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
 I'm still waiting patiently.

I'm with 'ya.

I'm getting anxious though.  I have the F1 ready to roll, but I can't go get it signed w/o the serial number.  At the same time, I'm waiting to get an F4 for a trident signed, but I only want to go in for one big CLEO autograph signing event.  I'd rather not bother the guy twice.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Coharie/Tactical Arms debitted the money from my account today, looks like my CA89 is on it's way!!! Can't wait!!!  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Coharie/Tactical Arms debitted the money from my account today, looks like my CA89 is on it's way!!! Can't wait!!!  

IIRC, you did order yours a few days before me.  Could be soon.

ETA: did they email you anything?  They took my email and said I would be contacted when it shipped.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#34]
all I got was a UPS ship notification
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I mailed them the Money order on 3/28. Called today and they still havent recieved it yet. Makes me just a touch nervous.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC, you did order yours a few days before me.  Could be soon.

ETA: did they email you anything?  They took my email and said I would be contacted when it shipped.

I ordered mine 4 weeks ago as of tomorrow.  When I ordered the last one(three and a half months ago), they took my email addy and sent me a tracking number.  They didn't ask this time and I didn't offer, I knew I could watch my online account and tell about when they shipped my gun.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top