Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2006 5:13:19 AM EDT
i recently aquired a sp-89 pistol, my question is can i legally put a k grip on it? just cant remember if you can do that to a pistol or not.

any input appreciated, and no im not trolling i honeslt cant remember.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:37:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#2]
thank you for the input, kinda what i figured, just couldnt remember.

thanks again!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i recently aquired a sp-89 pistol, my question is can i legally put a k grip on it? just cant remember if you can do that to a pistol or not.

There are only two ways you can legally do that.  File a Form 1 to make it an AOW.  This will allow you to mount a v-grip on the front.  Or file a Form 1 to make it a SBR.  This will allow you to add a v-grip and/or a stock.

Either way you have to pay the tax.

I was wondering about this the other day.

I have an SP89 that is registered as an AOW.  I registered it, so I paid $200, not simply an AOW transfer fee.

So, I can put the k-grip on it obviously, but not a side-folding stock if it is just an AOW.  Can I call ATF and switch it to an SBR, or have an annotation added to my form 1?  

It is $200 either way, but it is the .gov, so it wouldn't amaze me if I couldn't.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are only two ways you can legally do that.  File a Form 1 to make it an AOW.  This will allow you to mount a v-grip on the front.  Or file a Form 1 to make it a SBR.  This will allow you to add a v-grip and/or a stock.

Either way you have to pay the tax.

I was wondering about this the other day.

I have an SP89 that is registered as an AOW.  I registered it, so I paid $200, not simply an AOW transfer fee.

So, I can put the k-grip on it obviously, but not a side-folding stock if it is just an AOW.  Can I call ATF and switch it to an SBR, or have an annotation added to my form 1?  

It is $200 either way, but it is the .gov, so it wouldn't amaze me if I couldn't.

I thought AOW fee is $ 5.00 and any other NFA weapon is $200.00?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

5 bux to transfer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

5 bux to transfer.

10-4...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Do the SBR. With the AOW you can only have the K-grip. With the SBR you can have a stock, or you can take the stock off to look just like the AOW. The SBR allowes you to do more things.

I'm not totally sure what the BATF logic is there, but *Shrug*
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top