Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 6:33:34 AM EDT
I am trying to make up my mind on a stock.  I am not really ready to jump into a $350 plus A3 stock, and was thinking of a folder.   I like the B&T style, but would like to see some mounted to guns.  Anyone have pics?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#2]
That's exactly what I was looking for...  How do you like that folder compared to the A3 style stock?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a A3 stock on one of my 94's, and a B&T on the way for the other, i will let ya know what I think when I get it
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's exactly what I was looking for...  How do you like that folder compared to the A3 style stock?

If you are going to shoot more with the stock in/folded, stick with the A3, if you are going to shoot from the shoulder, go with the B&T.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Seen a collapsible stock this weekend for $250 at a gun show....wish I had the $$$
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been in the market for a A3 or a B&T for my Bobcat for awhile now.  Which do you guys think is better?  I have heard that the cheek weld is better on the BT.  Any thoughts?

-BJohnson
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have been in the market for a A3 or a B&T for my Bobcat for awhile now.  Which do you guys think is better?  I have heard that the cheek weld is better on the BT.  Any thoughts?

-BJohnson

B&T by a wide margin.  A3 is solid, but a bit sharp on the cheek.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Those SBR SP98s with the B&T just make me all warm and fuzzy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Another option is an ACE stock with HK adapter.. very high quality!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#10]
How does the A2 stock compare to the BT stock?

Spooky
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How does the A2 stock compare to the BT stock?

Spooky

I like the A2 stock, but they move on the receiver just a bit with pressure against the shoulder. The cheek weld is about as comfortable with the A2 and it is a lot cheaper. The B&T does have a slight amount of flex when you push it side to side but when you actually have it on the shoulder you don't notice it. There is a bit of rubber on the B&T cheek rail so it gives a bit, it feels comfortable to me.

The folding B&T is more compact for storage. For carrying around it might be more convenient too.  The B&T has no sling swivel, it is an option at DSA. You can put the sling around the skeleton strut in the middle of the stock.

They both have their good points. I like the B&T for shooting and it looks nice, too. Saves wear and tear on that expensive A3 stock which you can put on for looks.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#12]
got my B&T for the 94 yesterday, took both that and my other A3 to the range

B&T, a bit longer, more comfortable, lighter, better cheekwield(I had a scope on it).........cant figure out how a piece of plastic cost $200 ;)

A3, shorter, heavier, not as comfortable(but not a real issue IMOP)  but works just fine. the A3 looks "correct" on the gun.

both are just as fast to open up. Didn't notice any flex movement in either, but seemed rock solid to me

I have a rear ambi sling pin coming for the B&T, that will take care of the sling mount issue

the 94 with the Hensoldt Z24 shocked the guys at the range........its a little mini sniper gun. Eotech on the other 94 was much faster to use close range.....but not as accurate at 50-100yards.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#13]
No pictures yet...............

But how about an A2 folder? I took an A2 and added an ACE stock folding mechanism. Came out fairly decent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top