Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 2:52:59 PM EDT
OK guys i need some advise....... I have a chance to pick up a FA91 .... less then 1000 rounds down the pipe , for $450... its a true federal arms receiver ( no welds ) so i dont think the monekeys at Century arms did any WECSOGing to it...

Here is where i need the help..

it has the fluted chamber, and i know its rough on the brass... but i dont reload, so that is not a issue for me..  I did have one of the older PTR-91 rifles , and after say 2 mags through it, it become a single shot... would not eject, or chamber a round..  unless you did it manually.. the brass kept sticking in the chamber area..

Will the FA91 do the same thing , since it has the fluted chamber area? is there any easy fix it that will be the case?

Is the FA91 worth buying , or should I RUN AWAY??

Thanks for any help you can offer!

COLT!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
They're fugly, but both of mine run like champs.

What's the serial # range on the one you're looking at?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and it runs all day. If you take a little time and sand the roughness of the receiver down, it looks 10,000% better. The integrated weaver rail is super nice. Takes the mount out of the equation for scopes. Mine shoots about 1.75" at 100 with a bushnell elite 10x40. Picked mine up for $400 ftf with a friend and it came with all HK internals, 3 mags, and a sling. Pretty nice gun for what it costs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top