Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 1:29:16 PM EDT
Saw some in an AIM flyer last week, 100 for $100, a buck apiece!

Jeff
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
......... cuz there's a bazillion of them available these days?

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
There are about 50-60,000 HK91 rifles in country, plus some number of clones that probably doesn't approach those numbers.

The German government decommissioned the G3 and sold much of the excess reserve inventory here.  Probably several million mags.

Do the math.  The market is saturated.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Which begs the question why an AR-10 style rifle has not taken advantage of these mags.
The side catch is already there.  It would seem easier to design the gun to the mag, than to modify individual mags to the gun.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, Tapco still has steel mags @ $50 for 50 with a little rust on them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Which begs the question why an AR-10 style rifle has not taken advantage of these mags.
The side catch is already there.  It would seem easier to design the gun to the mag, than to modify individual mags to the gun.

Excellent point my friend.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Leave it to HK, they've already thought of this:

As you can see, it has a bolt catch, but I'm unsure if it's engaged after the last round of the mag has been fired.  This is also supposed to be a gas-piston operated system.  Looks damn good to me!  Now only if HK would produce them and sell them to us civvies.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I wound't mind getting ahold of one of those, or one of their 416 carbine rifles in .223.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#9]
And why are H&K93 magazines so expensive?

I think they have actually gone up in price since the AWB sunsetted.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Ever see the Obendorf Arms version of the AR10?  You won't see it here.  Even the guy that wanted to second source AR10 receivers thought it was a bad idea to use G3 mags.  I thought it would have been great.

The next best mag out (read cheap) was the FAL mag which bushmaster made a 10 style rifle for, and now RRA will be selling (read with a new bolt design since the bushmasters bolts where having problems).

This problem came about because Bushmaster eliminated the bottom locking lug to accomodate feeding from a FAL mag.  This had disaster written all over it.  I'm very curious as to the changes RRA will make here.

As you can see, it has a bolt catch, but I'm unsure if it's engaged after the last round of the mag has been fired.

I would put money on the fact that the magazine was modified slightly to work the bolt hold open.  Probably a small notch cut in the side or something like that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I would put money on the fact that the magazine was modified slightly to work the bolt hold open.  Probably a small notch cut in the side or something like that.

I was thinking the same thing!  ARKAR
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:09:21 AM EDT
[#12]
the springs will clip right onto M-14 followers and work great. You can buy those $20 mags, put HK springs in and they work flawlessly. The bodies are loo large to be used in M-14/ AR-10 pouches, let along the receivers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought 100 mags for $100 from interordnance a few days ago. Now I just need the ammo to fill them!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#14]
alot less 93/33's made, I don't think many countries used them, at least not compared to the G3

)

Quoted:
And why are H&K93 magazines so expensive?

I think they have actually gone up in price since the AWB sunsetted.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Wasn't DPMS supposed to make a .308 AR that utilizes HK G3 mags?  I know know if it was a rumor.  If Armalite would do it...it would be a worthwile product.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top