Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Your question?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I was typing out the text, sorry for the blank post with only pics
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not call JLD directly and ask?  I had a question for them the other day about a PTR 91 I'm going to buy and found them very helpful.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why not call JLD directly and ask?  I had a question for them the other day about a PTR 91 I'm going to buy and found them very helpful.

Yes, I plan on it... However, Ive learned in the past to inform myself as much as possible before talking to THE source.  I would recommend everybody else with such questions do the same, don't want to screw up and accidently break the 922 law.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#7]
MouseBoy
How was the fit and finish of the JLD rifle from Sarco? Would you buy from them again? in your photo the trigger packs look different the one on the left looks like old stock verses the right one in the picture.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I still don't know what the question was.

Yes the parts are from all over. US , Germany and Portugal. Maybe more.
The trigger parts will be mixed.

It is for JLD to assemble a compliant rifle. You are not the assembler or manufacturer.

Do what you want.

JR
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#9]
JLD told me that the Green Furniture was German and and since your stock is marked HK that appears to be true.
You can replace it with HK or POF furniture and still be in compliance with 922r.
As to the flash hider/ muzzle break issue, maybe use the Smith Vortex as it's a US part.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
MouseBoy
How was the fit and finish of the JLD rifle from Sarco? Would you buy from them again? in your photo the trigger packs look different the one on the left looks like old stock verses the right one in the picture.

Fit and finish was excellent - just as good as any I've seen.  Yes, they were good to deal with.  I found out the trigger pack on the right is a US made JLD, the other an import.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#11]
So Sarco's JLD is coming with an import trigger pack. i wonder if its old stock that JLD is getting rid of. that can explain why Sarco's price is so good besides the fact it has no FS
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Its a JLD PTR91, green furniture.  Serial number is approx. A1400.  

Here's a pic of the barreled receiver.  As you can see, no flash supressor which is fine with me.  Eventually, I will have a smith cut the barrel down to 15" and have either a muzzle break or flash supressor permanently mounted to reach a barrel length of 16 inches.

i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/MouseBoy1/DSC02033.jpg

Do you know if this can be done without removing the barrel from the upper?  The guy JLD with whom I spoke mentioned that it would be problematic to remove/re install the barrel and get everything to line up so that the rifle is as accurate as it was before.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its a JLD PTR91, green furniture.  Serial number is approx. A1400.  

Here's a pic of the barreled receiver.  As you can see, no flash supressor which is fine with me.  Eventually, I will have a smith cut the barrel down to 15" and have either a muzzle break or flash supressor permanently mounted to reach a barrel length of 16 inches.

i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/MouseBoy1/DSC02033.jpg

Do you know if this can be done without removing the barrel from the upper?  The guy JLD with whom I spoke mentioned that it would be problematic to remove/re install the barrel and get everything to line up so that the rifle is as accurate as it was before.

Yes, Arizona Response and IGF does these jobs without removing the barrel from the receiver

Quoted:
So Sarco's JLD is coming with an import trigger pack. i wonder if its old stock that JLD is getting rid of. that can explain why Sarco's price is so good besides the fact it has no FS

Yes, current serial numbers are in the 4000 range, the one I received was 1400~.  Actually, Ive discovered the earlier ones have more desirable parts on them such as HK marked parts.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#14]
one on the left looks like import(HK,FMP or?) one on the right looks US made.....or at least not like any of the trigger packs in any of my HKs....or my PTR-K

Quoted:

As far as I can tell, neither the trigger, sear or hammer is US Made.  This puzzles me.  The 91K I purchased has a JLD US trigger, an import hammer and sear.  The following picture shows the two trigger packs from the 91K (right) and the 91 I just received to the left.  I'm wondering if the 91K trigger pack is US and the 91 an import?

Here's a picture of the trigger housing.

i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/MouseBoy1/DSC02034.jpg

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Individual US made trigger parts vary per rifle, JLDs US made trigger parts can be triggerpack, hammer, sear and trigger. It can be 1,2 or any combination of the above in US parts in your particular rifle, I have seen quite afew variations on trigger work that come thru for these.

Bill
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Individual US made trigger parts vary per rifle, JLDs US made trigger parts can be triggerpack, hammer, sear and trigger. It can be 1,2 or any combination of the above in US parts in your particular rifle, I have seen quite afew variations on trigger work that come thru for these.

Bill
[email protected]

Thanks Bill, is the "trigger pack" considered the actual trigger housing or the "SE" marked outer shell?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top