Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:23:48 PM EDT
Took out link cause i feel getting away from the subject. That was just an example point me now in the right place :)

please give me your imput on this model. Only thing idont like is the fake silencer. I cant go SBR because WA sucks. So please advice me on best set up. I m going to put a eotech site on it.

please tell me the good ones the bad ones and the just plan ugly ones.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been told the Vulcan's aren't anything like HK's, aside from their outward appearance and the mags they use. Mix in the bad reputation Vulcan has, and you have a possible recipe for disaster. Vulcan was formed by the bankrupted company Hesse, who is notorious for screwing over others.

I have no personal experience with Vulcan or their products, but I've read enough that I would avoid them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok thx for the info...who do you recommend im dont want to go into the 2k amount so HK is for sure off.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You will get exactly what you pay for.

Keep asking around. Someone might fess to owning one but do not hold your breath.

Airsoft might offer less remorse.

JR

Oh yeah .... It's not even a clone. It's a mock up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You will get exactly what you pay for.

Keep asking around. Someone might fess to owning one but do not hold your breath.

Airsoft might offer less remorse.

JR

Oh yeah .... It's not even a clone. It's a mock up.

I never seen one, but the general consensus here is to stay away from Vulcan.

I have read that their receivers don't stand up, parts are not interchangebale, and to piggy back on what "racecar" said, they aren't a clone since they don't have the HK operating system (delayed blowback).

About the only choice out there right now is Bobcat.  I got a BW-5 after I saw one at a gunshow, and I was pretty impressed with the quality.  I wish I could give you a no $#@* report on it, but I am waiting on the BATF for mine.  A couple of people hear have Bobcats, and I haven't read about too many problems with them.

The other route is finding a receiver or gun and getting Jayson at IGF to rework it.  This will be a bit more, but I hear he does excellent work.

Anyway you look at it, a real HK or good quality clone isn't cheap.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:46:36 AM EDT
[#5]
It is not anything even close to an MP5.  The Vulcan gun is blowback, similar to an Uzi or sten.  It looks like an MP5, but does not function like one.  A real MP5 action uses the HK rolling locker system.  For that price, you might as well find a Bobcat BW5.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:41:45 AM EDT
[#6]
ok im heading over to bobcats and see what they can put together for me. Thank you for all the help. Thanks you all for the info and now im just a bit wiser. Also is there any sites that you recommend on buying a bobcat.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#7]
ah come awn........just buy a real HK94.......they are as cheap as they will ever be now.

Quoted:
ok im heading over to bobcats and see what they can put together for me. Thank you for all the help. Thanks you all for the info and now im just a bit wiser. Also is there any sites that you recommend on buying a bobcat.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#8]
sure if you are offering to give me some coin to buy it with.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

www.atlanticfirearms.com/

They seem to always have some in stock (for now).
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I purchased a BW89 from Atlantic Firearms and it should arrive on Monday from UPS.  I bought it from Atlantic and it shipped from Pheonix, AZ.  They must arrange the tranfer and it comes from the Bobcat Weapons factory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top