Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
What gas rod?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
is that leaded or unleaded?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean the piston? The HK91 does not have a gas piston.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:00:55 AM EDT
[#4]
A bit of oil on the cocking handle support won't hurt a thing.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What gas rod?

+1
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#6]
oil everything except the bolt head, grease the carrier. yea it'll collect grime but your gonna clean it anyway, right? right?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry. I was asking for somebody else and I wasn't sure what that was. I was referring to the tube on the bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Just him/her that the gas system can be adjusted by turning the knob on the top back of the receiver.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Now i would like to know this....... Blick asks a question, seems he  is unfamiliar with this particular weapon. rather than try and help, you guys (except osprey who tried to help) post back with smart ass coments. Now granted, Longbat and ivan are omnipotent in all things HK or all thing in general for that matter. Why not help educate this member rather than chastize?
So Longbat and ivan, before you reached Godlike omnipotencey is this how you were treated when you asked questions when you were merely a prepubesant Godlike fledgeling? Oh, forgive me, i shouldn't have assumed you ever ask a question or even needed to. i guess you just assimulated all knowledge through octomosis or some simular (Bushism- like that?) Godlike attribute. Or was all your knowledge enbibed thruogh suckling the teet of a then higher (now lesser) Godlike entity?
Quirin minds want to know! - Eddy in "Barbour Shop".  Did you see Bourbor Shop? Funny as hell! Barbour Shop 2 wasn't as funny, noone can take Ice Cube being gentlile for very long unless he pops a cap in someone or blows some shit up, it's in his nature. I like Cube as an actor but I think raping is his real forte'. Nothing beats Cube's rap in "Last Wordz", a Tupac joint on "Stricktly"
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Now i would like to know this....... Blick asks a question, seems he  is unfamiliar with this particular weapon. rather than try and help, you guys (except osprey who tried to help) post back with smart ass coments. Now granted, Longbat and ivan are omnipotent in all things HK or all thing in general for that matter. Why not help educate this member rather than chastize?
So Longbat and ivan, before you reached Godlike omnipotencey is this how you were treated when you asked questions when you were merely a prepubesant Godlike fledgeling? Oh, forgive me, i shouldn't have assumed you ever ask a question or even needed to. i guess you just assimulated all knowledge through octomosis or some simular (Bushism- like that?) Godlike attribute. Or was all your knowledge enbibed thruogh suckling the teet of a then higher (now lesser) Godlike entity?
Quirin minds want to know! - Eddy in "Barbour Shop".  Did you see Bourbor Shop? Funny as hell! Barbour Shop 2 wasn't as funny, noone can take Ice Cube being gentlile for very long unless he pops a cap in someone or blows some shit up, it's in his nature. I like Cube as an actor but I think raping is his real forte'. Nothing beats Cube's rap in "Last Wordz", a Tupac joint on "Stricktly"

Step away from the crack pipe...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Step away from the crack pipe..

LOL!
I'm on the Jenny Crackhead diet
Crack for breakfast
Crack for lunch
And a sensible dinner
The pounds just fade away!

Besides it's the new cinnimon flavored crack for Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sorry. I was asking for somebody else and I wasn't sure what that was. I was referring to the tube on the bolt carrier.

Sorry about that. We can be a silly bunch.

A light coat of oil would be good for the inside and the outside of the bolt carrier/bolt.
All bearing (rubbing) surfaces need lubrication.

I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Another question for you all. Should the rollers be oiled? Common sense tells me yes, but I heard that you shouldn't.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I place a small drop of gun oil or clp on the rollers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Blick
I suggest not oiling the rollers or any other part of the bolt head. It won't hurt anything but it will cause grime to collect inside the head. i oil the rollers but I disassemble the head everytime to clean inside, this isn't necessary and most don't strip the head on every cleaning. Oil the rollers and head if it's going to be put up for anytime, like a month. Scrub the bolt face and extractor w/ a bronze brush after every session.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:35:53 AM EDT
[#16]
The care of HK roller locks can be tedious.

Here is my recommendation...

For the 91 series, the bolt head and locking piece should be cleaned diligently.  a LIGHT amount of lube.  Please pay attention to the extractor.  The inside of the receiver should be wiped down as well.  The chamber face should also receive some attention.  I recommend LIGHT lube on these surfaces.

The rollers may or may not need lube.  The bolt carrier should definitely have a nice coating of lube.

The inside of the cocking tube should be cleaned well.  Generally this area gets neglected.

Of course, the barrel should be cleaned as well.

the trigger pack should be taken our and sprayed down and lubed.

JME
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:01:30 AM EDT
[#17]
FWIW --

I lube everything, then remove the excess with compressed air.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
FWIW --

I lube everything, then remove the excess with compressed air.

I do the same..

oh and BTW.. Esse..  WTF...  did this bring up deeply repressed memories of getting wedgies in school while you were playing hall monitor?  It was a simple joke.  Godlike..  nope..  Omnipotent..  only after eating beans or cabbage..   I am free to offer up assistance to those that ask.  I had the intention to drop back in this thread after a few hours and drop a more meaningful response, but I got busy.  I knew that others around would be able to handle his question.  

I have no ego to boost here as it only get's in the way.  

on the topic of oiled rollers, I use CLP on everything but don't act like you are a stock holder.  Use it sparingly and remove any excess prior to assembly.

Blick - I extend my personal apology as your thread dropped of my radar.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
did this bring up deeply repressed memories of getting wedgies in school while you were playing hall monitor?  

Boat- you had to bring that up, didn't ya. If you'll remember correctly, it wasn't "hall" monitor, I was the "bus" monitor, short bus monitor at taht. Member that time you locked us up in the bus, tried to blow it up and burned your lips?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
did this bring up deeply repressed memories of getting wedgies in school while you were playing hall monitor?  

Boat- you had to bring that up, didn't ya. If you'll remember correctly, it wasn't "hall" monitor, I was the "bus" monitor, short bus monitor at taht. Member that time you locked us up in the bus, tried to blow it up and burned your lips?

I have no idea what you are talking about...  I am guessing that we are even and will let it go...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top