Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 9:47:35 PM EDT
I have an SW-52 rifle and although it works well, the recoil is horrendous. I've heard some people have had luck with the HK-21 buffer or I even thought about using the 91 heavy buffer, but what would I need to do to use one of those buffers with my rifle? Also, the stock that came with it is one of those cheap plastic ones and I don't see where a buffer would fit so I'm guessing that I also need a replacement stock too? I'm not as familiar with the roller lock design as say I am with the USC/UMP so any help is appreciated. BTW, the recoil is the only thing that keeps me from shooting it because this rifle will actually bruise my shoulder. Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:32:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Jim
Does the bolt carrier have a triangular piece that comes out of the back, toward the stock (buffered carrier) ?  if it has a buffered carrier options are limited. If It has an unbuffered carrier you could use a HK93 stock with the metal backplate which has a buffer. If you do have the unbuffered, I think I can help you out. Email me and let's see what we can do.
Where in NC are you? I'm near Raleigh and Fayetteville.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Jim
Does the bolt carrier have a triangular piece that comes out of the back, toward the stock (buffered carrier) ?  if it has a buffered carrier options are limited. If It has an unbuffered carrier you could use a HK93 stock with the metal backplate which has a buffer. If you do have the unbuffered, I think I can help you out. Email me and let's see what we can do.
Where in NC are you? I'm near Raleigh and Fayetteville.

I don't see any triangular piece that comes out the back of the carrier but what it does have is a seperate spring and on this spring is a tubular buffer. This part apparently fits into a recess in the stock.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The reason there is buffer is becasue SW uses standard SW5 9mm stocks on the SW32/52 guns. I also do not shoot mine either because he recoil is worse than my G3. I too have been toying with different recoil systems but have had no luck except broken/bent stocks after I toy with taming the beast.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, try using a HK93 stock.....I have had some luck with this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top