Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 6:44:09 AM EDT
I am looking at an early 80's HK91 that looks to be 80-90% , low mileage, and comes with 12 mags for $1800. Is this a good price/great price, or just an ok price? I've seen folks wanting up to $2600 for these.
Thanks.

AB
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#1]
This sounds like a fair price to me, not great, but fair.  The condition is usually at least 5% lower than what is advertised.  I picked up mine a couple of years ago, before the AWB and before JLD, for $1600 in 85% condition.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up my "ib" date coded HK91 for $1700 out the door.  It came with a A3 stock, port buffer, 6 mags.  That was a year ago.  Had less than 1000rnds put through it at the time.  I bought it as a shooter though so I don't care about that.  Is it a local dealer or online?  If its local then read up on it some and go in knowing what you're looking at.  Bring some feeler gauges with  you and check the bolt gap.  Make sure you aren't going to need to buy new rollers.  If so, let the dealer know and he may adjust the price.  Also, look on the bottom of the bolt carrier and at the hammer.  If there is a ridge down the flat curved part of the hammer it probably has more than 2000 rnds through it.  Try to knock more off the price if it does.  What is the date code?  Some are more rare than others.  If its "IB" coded like mine than it is one of the most common.  Something like 17000 were imported that year so its not as collectable (if thats why the dealer is justifying the higher price).  Read up some on the HKPRO.com boards.  Ask some questions there too.  What stock does it have?  That price for a "shooter" grade HK91 should at least have a A3 stock.  Hope this helps.

CMS
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I picked up my "ib" date coded HK91 for $1700 out the door.  It came with a A3 stock, port buffer, 6 mags.  That was a year ago.  Had less than 1000rnds put through it at the time.  I bought it as a shooter though so I don't care about that.  Is it a local dealer or online?  If its local then read up on it some and go in knowing what you're looking at.  Bring some feeler gauges with  you and check the bolt gap.  Make sure you aren't going to need to buy new rollers.  If so, let the dealer know and he may adjust the price.  Also, look on the bottom of the bolt carrier and at the hammer.  If there is a ridge down the flat curved part of the hammer it probably has more than 2000 rnds through it.  Try to knock more off the price if it does.  What is the date code?  Some are more rare than others.  If its "IB" coded like mine than it is one of the most common.  Something like 17000 were imported that year so its not as collectable (if thats why the dealer is justifying the higher price).  Read up some on the HKPRO.com boards.  Ask some questions there too.  What stock does it have?  That price for a "shooter" grade HK91 should at least have a A3 stock.  Hope this helps.

CMS

This is being offered FTF from a private party. It does have the "IB" code. You can see it at azshooting.com In the WTS area. Thanks for your input!

AB
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
albob,

Either way let me know how it works out for you.

IM me if you have any more questions.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#5]
buy it, you won't regret it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top