Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 9:43:29 PM EDT
I wanted to get the opinion of the HK forum on the what is the best all around optic for the G3. I've got a JLD with a B/T mount. I would prefer a scope that was not too long in length so not to interfere with the charging handle in the front, yet (long/short) have the same sight radius as the rear sight. I measured my rifle from the rear sight to about a 1/2 inch from where the charging stays fix with the open bolt and it's 10 1/2 inches. Other then the standard issue G3 claw mount/scope, what is the best all around optic for the G3 with a B/T mount in your opinion. Thanks  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:29:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Leupold 3.5-10X40 MK4 PR on mine and it barley interferes with the charging handle.  You can still lock it but it does not lock all the way back.  Its more than enough to be safe though.  The eye relief is long on this scope so that works out great too as far as cheek weld is concerened.  I have the  GS1 stock on mine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:42:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Aimpoint M3 just mounted mine and started testing. I'll be hunting with it this year.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:20:44 AM EDT
[#3]
VALDADA M2 are nice compact scopes - worth the money.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:27:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Either Aimpoint or Eotech, you can't go wrong with either!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top