Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 11:15:51 AM EDT
Hello to and I know this may have been asked before but I can't find it. I would like to build a Cetme. The problem is I just don't know were to start after the parts set. Has anyone built one from a parts set before? If so can you give me some pointers. I know I can get one from my local gun shop but would really like to build it myself. Who makes the best receiver and how much welding is required? Is every thing I need in a parts kit? Minus the receiver of course. Also would a select fire trigger group work in a new receiver. Yes I know about the feds, I was just asking because if not then I would have to buy a new trigger group. I really don't know where to start.  All of you gun guru guys out there are way above my level of building. Do I have to send the parts kit and receiver to a gun smith to have it put together or can I do it myself? Thanks again for any info you can give me. You can email me direct at [email protected] if you prefer. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a lot of G3 info out there.  The G3 is different from the CETME in many ways, but the "basic" are the same.  The trigger pack internals for semi conversion is different but the housing mods are similar.  I would do you research on this one.  

My buddy is building a HK51 clone and I want to build a G3.  He is an expert welder and has done an excellent job on the trigger pack conversion and the cocking tube/ trunnion work.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey thanks alot for the info, I can weld but like I said I have no idea of what I would be doing. Let me know how your build goes. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys if you want to do a Cetme build with a receiver with smooth magazine area, I have a receiver I don't want anymore. The original MARS imports were smooth, while the G-3 and clones have a ridge.

Schulze
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top