what are the details about the real thing
it had a silencer marked QD and side folder
apparently its a clone of the real deal
Im curious about the weapon that is the real deal

is it a wet or dry can
its detacheable
obviously 9mm
is it for subsonic or regular ammo
is it as quiet as the SD I fired out west at a shop?
it was quite the cool weapon
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I messed with this airsoft
MP5K PDW
what are the details about the real thing
it had a silencer marked QD and side folder
apparently its a clone of the real deal
Im curious about the weapon that is the real deal

is it a wet or dry can
its detacheable
obviously 9mm
is it for subsonic or regular ammo
is it as quiet as the SD I fired out west at a shop?
it was quite the cool weapon

Haikus are beautiful.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Haikus are beautiful.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Supressors for subguns are dry cans.  A little water or oil in the can may make them a bit more quiet, but as soon as it heats up and and evaporates the sound will increase to the same level as a regular dry can.  Basically wet cans lose their 'wet' after a few rounds so a subgun can has to sound good dry.  Mostly, wet cans are used on handguns where there is far less volume of fire going through, and where the weight of the can is critical to the reliable function and cycling of the firearm.  Cans on the MP5k/PDWs are removable.  RDTS, however, has made a special version of the MP5k PDW with an integral can and mini-Uzi style side-folding stock, and I suppose there are other custom jobs out there, but HK never designed an integral can for the MP5k as they did for the full size MP5.

You can use either subsonic or regular ammo through any can, but you'll get more noise from the supersonic crack from regular ammo.  That said, you should use subsonic through a detachable can.  Integral cans usually have numerous ports in the barrel (within the supressor) to bleed off gas (and velocity) so regular ammo can be used with no more noise than subsonic ammo.  The downside is the ports get dirty, clogged and are a pain to clean.  Additionally, you don't have the option to remove the can and use regular ammo at normal velocity.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:28:59 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top