Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2004 1:42:00 PM EDT
Picked it up yesterday and took it out and gave it a go. I must say this is the first 94 type carbien that I have owned and with the exception that the zero was way out and I didn't have the proper tools to zero it I love it.
 The fit and finish seems to be great, it  has a very clean and even look throughout , and the fake AAC can is a much better look (I think) than the alternatives I have seen.  It ran very well through the 5 mags I put throught it,  with the exception of some Hollow points I had in one of the straight stick mags. The hollow points ran great out of the HK curved 30's as well as the HK 15 rounders.
 I just need to get the damn thing zeroed now Its hitten about 6'' Low and to the left at 10 to 15 yards.

A couple questions though. Anyone know where I can get the Rear sight adjustment tool?!
The Paddle mag really seems like a must! Is this a conversion that needs to be done by a competant smith Or is it something a shade tree smith can do? Is it just swappin parts or do you need to do some cuttin and weldin ?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/nuttinhny/Mytoys186.jpg  
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/nuttinhny/Mytoys190.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/nuttinhny/Mytoys189.jpg  

Also pictured is my newest purchase a FN FAL Belgain.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Picked it up yesterday and took it out and gave it a go. I must say this is the first 94 type carbien that I have owned and with the exception that the zero was way out and I didn't have the proper tools to zero it I love it.
 The fit and finish seems to be great, it  has a very clean and even look throughout , and the fake AAC can is a much better look (I think) than the alternatives I have seen.  It ran very well through the 5 mags I put throught it,  with the exception of some Hollow points I had in one of the straight stick mags. The hollow points ran great out of the HK curved 30's as well as the HK 15 rounders.
 I just need to get the damn thing zeroed now Its hitten about 6'' Low and to the left at 10 to 15 yards.

A couple questions though. Anyone know where I can get the Rear sight adjustment tool?!
The Paddle mag really seems like a must! Is this a conversion that needs to be done by a competant smith Or is it something a shade tree smith can do? Is it just swappin parts or do you need to do some cuttin and weldin ?

Excellent.

1)Hollowpoints are why HK moved from the straight mag to the curved mag.

2)Pretty sure you need a good HK smith to do a paddle mag.

3)What did it cost you?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Just a tic under 1200. ran into it on over at GB.com and didnt piss around and hit they Buy it now button seemed like a really good buy to me after visiting ORF's website and checking out the pricing they fella I got it off told me he only put about 200 rounds through it and it looks like new broke it down last night for a cleaning , and it s shows zero wear.
 Now if I can just keep MrsGungho from confiscating this one Ill be in good shape. She is already eyein it for her little group of toys  Another quik question about the Navy lower Is it a big improvment over the SEF ? Ive noticed it seems alot of fella's have gone to the Navy style lowers?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I belive you can get the sight adjustment tool from POF, or RTG Parts.. You can find these two advertising on Sturmgewher.com..

ORF bukds great guns.. I feel that the SEF lower is more comfortable, I just like the looks of the 4posistion navy lower better..

I can't wait till ORF starts up their production of 94 receivers..
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I too recently got an RF94.  Mine shoots low too.  If you figure it out let me know.  Mine didn't come with any manual.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
FAC sells the sight adjustment tools, although I think they currently list them as "G3 sight adjustment tools"

If you happen to want a low profile top rail, let me know- I have one that I got from FAC but I don't have a need for it anymore as I no longer have the HK94!

Dawg
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont even see the red X................................WTF???
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 3:12:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Ill get a pic or two up, My bust  
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]
You can use a needle nose tool like a hemostat to adjust the rear sight. Alot cheeper that the HK tool. You may be able to get them free (Used) from a doctors office or dentist. I've also seen them sold at gun shows by the guys who sell the first aid and medic type stuff.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Send pics!
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You can use a needle nose tool like a hemostat to adjust the rear sight. Alot cheeper that the HK tool. You may be able to get them free (Used) from a doctors office or dentist. I've also seen them sold at gun shows by the guys who sell the first aid and medic type stuff.

I will have to try that I think there is a pair in a first aid kit around here somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#11]
For a paddle mag release, check out the Tac-Latch. It drops right in, with no work needing to be done to the gun. The only "weird" thing is that it's not an ak-type release, but you push the paddle to the side to drop the mag. It works really well; I have it on my HK94, and wouldn't be happy without it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For a paddle mag release, check out the Tac-Latch. It drops right in, with no work needing to be done to the gun. The only "weird" thing is that it's not an ak-type release, but you push the paddle to the side to drop the mag. It works really well; I have it on my HK94, and wouldn't be happy without it.

Thanks a bunch I really like the looks of the latch
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Updated with pics.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#14]
that's nice looking, who made the reciever has ORF already got there's out?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:57:26 AM EDT
[#15]
its a special weapons receiver.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:06:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Very nice!!  I agree, thats the best looking fake can Ive seen.

The FAL is also a beauty.  

Let us know how she does when you get it sighted in.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#17]
NIce...FAC has a HK style sight tool for $35 or $39...I can't remember..
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Very nice!!  I agree, thats the best looking fake can Ive seen.

The FAL is also a beauty.  

Let us know how she does when you get it sighted in.....

Got it up in FAL forums ceck it out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#19]
oops didnt realize the wife was logged in
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
oops didnt realize the wife was logged in

BUSTED!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top