BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/8/2004 7:02:54 PM EDT

Finished USC/UMP project on page 4.

Update is below
HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE UMP/USC KIT FROM TOP NOTCH/SPECIAL WEAPONS?????

I'm just about done.....how many more times can this kit be delayed? Has anyone heard ANYTHING about this???? I'm really fed up. I should charge them a years interest on the money they took for my pre-purchase of a kit that's what, 9 or 10 months overdue???

Any news would be very much appreciated.

Hep

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Last time I prepaid for anything was to have Protech install a brake on my FMP.  Nothing like being promised a 4 week turn around, then turning into a 1-1/2 year cluster fuck with me having to call BATF and dam near pulling strings with DOD just to get the install completed and the upper back in my hands.

Sounds like you are in the same boat as the Shrike guys.  The sad part of the SW game is that Toad did the same stunt when it came to the first SW-3'S. My guess is that the stocks will be made when he runs out of pre-paying customers for that item, and needs to come up with another pre-paid item/idea to make some more money without sending product on payment.

P.S. I'm not bitter SW or the shrike, just if a company needs working capital to produce an item, and then they should sell stocks or take out a loan.  Either one of these would light a fire under there ass to produce the item (board meetings/interest payments) instead of sitting on interest fee money (and money they can indirectly kept if they fold up shop/go bankrupt).
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes ,its been sooo loongg that I for got about the kit I ordered last year!!!He(toad) meant he was shipping the kits in Oct of 2004 not 2003.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be damned if I pre paid for anything. If they can't fund the project own their own money to bad. People that operate like this shouldn't be in business.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Anybody tried to get to their forums lately? I just tried and it appears someone may have hacked their site.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:07:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anybody tried to get to their forums lately? I just tried and it appears someone may have hacked their site.

Maybe he forgot to "prepay" his internet service.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes ,its been sooo loongg that I for got about the kit I ordered last year!!!He(toad) meant he was shipping the kits in Oct of 2004 not 2003.

OCTOBER 2004!!!???!??

The last Todd post I read said the kits are going to ship in a few weeks....and that was a couple of weeks ago....Anybody??????
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:57:25 AM EDT
[#7]
DO NOT GO TO HK-54.com/Forums the page has been hacked! It managed to infect me with Dumaru and Norton did not catch it. Sorry!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Hepcat -  have you tried calling Top Notch or SW or Tactical Weapons and ask for an update?  I did not preorder but was going to buy a kit from someone who did preorder.  It has been so long that I've moved on to other projects and probably wont go through with the purchase (provided SW ever produces the damn thing.)

On a side note, I've started to have problems with my SW5.  Lots of FTE.  Looks like I'm going to have to send it in to IGF for a tune up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
DO NOT GO TO HK-54.com/Forums the page has been hacked! It managed to infect me with Dumaru and Norton did not catch it. Sorry!

Ummm... what does that do and how does one get rid of it.  My home PC no longer allows me to view attached files like pictures and I can't figure out how or when that happened.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey there, how are ya JB? Good to hear from you.

Yeah, I spoke with Todd about 2-3 weeks ago. He said, yup, you guessed it "We're almost there!!!"

It's purgatory. And frankly, it's the worst disply of "customer service" I've ever had to deal with. I'm soured on the company. They'd have to produce a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40Watt Range (a La Terminator) before I'd buy anything else.

Frankly, it looks to me like they needed an influx of cash to develop that MWS-15 .223 rifle, which they ARE marketing to Military and Law Enforcement (and they CLAIM they have Mil buyers for export). The customers are acting as the interest free loan providers. Figure 1,000 kits X $250 = $250,000.

It sucks....and in the long run, this sort of business practice will take them down.

PS - "Have Gun, Will Travel: Season 1" is out! I figured by your pic you might be interested.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Hep,that was some sarcasm on my part,sorry if I gotcha on that but really the way things are going it will be Oct 04 when if they due ship.I agree He pretty much buried himself on this one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hep,that was some sarcasm on my part,sorry if I gotcha on that but really the way things are going it will be Oct 04 when if they due ship.I agree He pretty much buried himself on this one.

You sure did....lol.
The others who have pre-ordered can atest to the fact that we've had DOZENS of bumps to later months. It's really NUTS!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
On a side note, I've started to have problems with my SW5.  Lots of FTE.  Looks like I'm going to have to send it in to IGF for a tune up.

Check the trigger housing to the upper receiver.  If the front of the housing will move up and down, then chances are you just need to shim the receiver shelf/ledge to keep the trigger housing/pack up tight aganist the bottom of the upper receiver.

If the pack/housing slips down, then the ejector front face is not raised high enought by the carrier to strip the spent case off the bolt face. A piece of sticky back velcro (hook side) should do the trick.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:38:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm... what does that do and how does one get rid of it.  My home PC no longer allows me to view attached files like pictures and I can't figure out how or when that happened.

Dumaru appears to do nothing at first, but it eventually hijacks your Internet explorer session and jacks the CPU to 100%. If you have it you will know as performance tanks completely. Run task manager and see if you have netdb.exe running. As to the disassociated files in Windows it could be a couple of things most likely a program got installed the overwrote or removed the file association for certain file types.
Link Posted: 5/18/2004 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Take a look at the HK-54.com homepage.  The domain is now owned by some company called 'Empowering Technologies'.
Link Posted: 5/18/2004 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I called Top Notch and asked for an update. I was told the cards go out in about a week, the kits should be in their hands in 2 weeks. "Depending on where you are on the list will reflect when you get the card."

I'm #5, so I'll apprise all interested when I get the card.

Link Posted: 5/18/2004 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Bankruptcy Cases

Name Court Case No. Filed Chapter
1 SPECIAL WEAPONS, INC. mabke 96-14496 06/14/1996 7
2 SPECIAL WEAPONS, L.L.C. mowbke 03-06088 11/11/2003 AP
3 SPECIAL WEAPONS, L.L.C. mowbke 03-61053 05/01/2003 7

Civil Cases

Name Court Case No. Filed NOS Closed
4 SPECIAL WEAPONS & TACTICS TEAM cacdc 2:2000cv06173 06/08/2000 550 06/19/2000
5 SPECIAL WEAPONS & TACTICS TEAM cacdce 2:2000cv06173 09/05/2000 550 02/09/2004
6 SPECIAL WEAPONS L.L.C. mowdce 6:2002cv03073 02/21/2002 190
7 SPECIAL WEAPONS L.L.C. mowdce 3:2002cv05019 02/28/2002 190

Appellate Cases

Name Court Case No. Filed NOS Closed
8 SPECIAL WEAPONS 08ca 03-3322 09/19/2003 4190

Link Posted: 5/18/2004 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Are they going bankrupt because their products suck?
Link Posted: 5/18/2004 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I know that Special Weapons and Top Notch are 2 seperate companies run by Wade and Todd respectively.  I wonder how Top Notch is coming along?

As far as filing bankruptcy, I know that would hurt any business....unless they're the only game in town. Then you have the customer by the shorties.
Link Posted: 5/19/2004 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Are they going bankrupt because their products suck?

I don't think the products suck. I'm happy with the work they've done to my G36 clone.

Now customer service is a different matter.....There I'll agree with you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Hepcat,You hear anyhting from Topnotch?
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope....................................................................

Link Posted: 5/27/2004 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone hear anything? I'm going to call them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/27/2004 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I still have'nt heard a dam thing,I dont even know what # I'm on the list.I'm thinking they may not be here till Oct of 04.
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone hear a peep????

I'm #5 on the list....which at this point seems like 5th on the "Suckers" list........

Link Posted: 6/1/2004 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/2/2004 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone else hear a peep?

I'm gonna call them later today.

H
Link Posted: 6/2/2004 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#28]
UPDATE

Okay....

I just got off the phone with Todd.

The grips were completed and shipped TO HIM today. The next step; the decals need to be applied. Then the assembly.

He said the cards are going in the mail Monday for the first batch pre-orders. They should be in hand by the end of the week.

<sigh> Bin dair, dunn dat.
Link Posted: 6/2/2004 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Heard that before,we'll see Monday..
Link Posted: 6/3/2004 4:48:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Heard that before,we'll see Monday..

Amen brother.....
Link Posted: 6/9/2004 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Hep,you hear anything yet?I know its been only a few days but what the heck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2004 5:41:55 AM EDT
[#32]
As of yet....no.

or in other words;

AAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Link Posted: 6/17/2004 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I need somebody to talk me down  because....I'm about to fucking lose it. The man said the postcards were going out almost 2 weeks ago. I want to scream the following into his ear:

KEEP

YOUR

FUCKING

WORD

<sigh>I'm VERY close to contacting every member I know who's waiting for this mythical Unicorn of a kit and organizing a "DEMANDING A REFUND!" drive.

Link Posted: 6/17/2004 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#34]
It's entirely possible that Special Weapons is too busy going bankrupt to finish the kits.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 6/17/2004 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It's entirely possible that Special Weapons is too busy going bankrupt to finish the kits.  Just a thought.

<sigh> Thanks. That's a great way to "talk me down..."

lol.

Of course CaptainKevinDarling, there was no malice directed at you with the above. I'm just at a loss....
Link Posted: 6/17/2004 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, unfortunately, I don't think there's any way I could 'talk you down' without lying to you.  

They do appear to be going through (another?) bankruptcy as we speak.  I would get my money back, if I were you.  If you can.  The last time I asked for a refund, I got charged a shipping fee for something that NEVER LEFT THEIR WORKSHOP.
Link Posted: 6/17/2004 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#37]
This is from the http://www.top-notchparts.com/:

"The UMP kits are done and will start shipping in a week, We will be mailing post cards out this week. Get yours back asap so you can get your kit. We will post pictures of the entire kit mounted on a gun this week. 6-14-04"

Maybe there's hope??......................................................Rick
Link Posted: 6/17/2004 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't get it.  Why do you guys keep giving your money to Toad when you know he has poor business practices?  Whether he delivers eventually is irrelevent.  I have known Toad has poor business ethics since i first started coming to this site, and yet the people who deal with him continue to give him their money and then complain when their product does not ship on time.  Anyone who has visited his website should know damn well what he is in for when he orders SW parts/guns.  So, to sum up, if your going to buy from SW, then don't complain when the transaction doesn't go smoothly.
Link Posted: 6/17/2004 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Unfortunately,I didnt do my homework before sending in my $ def my Bad.I will have to wait it out and hopefully the kit will come before Oct 04.This will be the last time I do business with him.  I just went to their website.Why do we need postcards sent out to us and then returned ASAP?Just send me the fuckin kit I paid for a year ago!
Link Posted: 6/18/2004 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Well, unfortunately, I don't think there's any way I could 'talk you down' without lying to you.  

I know, I know.....

Thanks man.
Link Posted: 6/18/2004 5:06:07 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I don't get it.  Why do you guys keep giving your money to Toad when you know he has poor business practices?  Whether he delivers eventually is irrelevent.  I have known Toad has poor business ethics since i first started coming to this site, and yet the people who deal with him continue to give him their money and then complain when their product does not ship on time.  Anyone who has visited his website should know damn well what he is in for when he orders SW parts/guns.  So, to sum up, if your going to buy from SW, then don't complain when the transaction doesn't go smoothly.

Hey man, it's easy to be so fucking smart after the fact. I had SW do a conversion and they did a good job. Plus, there are plenty of people who had nothing to bitch about and wrote good stuff.

So with that said, thanks for interjecting how fucking smart you are. Much obliged.
Link Posted: 6/18/2004 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Unfortunately,I didnt do my homework before sending in my $ def my Bad.I will have to wait it out and hopefully the kit will come before Oct 04.This will be the last time I do business with him.  I just went to their website.Why do we need postcards sent out to us and then returned ASAP?Just send me the fuckin kit I paid for a year ago!

Amen brother.
Link Posted: 6/18/2004 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey man, it's easy to be so fucking smart after the fact. I had SW do a conversion and they did a good job. Plus, there are plenty of people who had nothing to bitch about and wrote good stuff.

So with that said, thanks for interjecting how fucking smart you are. Much obliged.

Well, I wasn't trying to be a dick, or "interject my intelligence" on anyone.  I seriously do not get it.  Even if past transfers went smoothly, plenty have not with others, and this is apparent at nearly any internet forum where Toad or his business is mentioned.  Just because you didn't get burned the first time you decided to play with fire, it doesn't mean you won't get burned down the road if you continue to do it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2004 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Well, I wasn't trying to be a dick, or "interject my intelligence" on anyone.  I seriously do not get it.  Even if past transfers went smoothly, plenty have not with others, and this is apparent at nearly any internet forum where Toad or his business is mentioned.  Just because you didn't get burned the first time you decided to play with fire, it doesn't mean you won't get burned down the road if you continue to do it.

Very true. Your second explaination, minus the "Dickness" was much easier to stomach....

At the time, I had no reason to doubt them. I had read a great deal of good...and I had spoken to Todd a few times and he really talks a good game. If I knew then what I know now, things would be different.

Thanks for the reiteration...and sorry if I'm bitching like a sissy mary....
Link Posted: 6/18/2004 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I shot them an email,if I dont see it in a week I want a full refund.
Link Posted: 6/18/2004 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Should you (we) charge them interest for the loan?
Link Posted: 6/19/2004 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm just letting everyone know that I finally got my card in the mail today. It says to call them to finalize the order or to order additional accesories.
Link Posted: 6/19/2004 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should you (we) charge them interest for the loan?

Toad likes suing people, so how's about a class action against Shpeshul Waephuns?
Link Posted: 6/19/2004 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I'm just letting everyone know that I finally got my card in the mail today. It says to call them to finalize the order or to order additional accesories.

Do you know what number you are on the list?
Link Posted: 6/19/2004 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Hepcat....

I saw your post with the mushroom cloud.....that shit is fucking hilarious!  I know it's not a laughing matter, but I was ROLLING when I saw that huge post.

OK...I'm done now.  I hope everything works out with SPESHUL WEPENS and all.

ARCAPTN
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top