Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2003 7:51:40 PM EDT
I purchased 2 HK91 clone recievers. The guy I bought them from said that he had bought them over 10 years ago. they are marked:
C.A.I. ST. ALB. VT.
G-3 Indep PORTUGAL .308
He said they were FMP. I checked Century Arms and they said they weren't theirs.
The reason I am so interested th that they are serial numbers G00001, and G00004.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
They are FMP receivers, CAI is the importer, with the receivers being made by FMP.

The only real problem is that since the receivers were not made into rifles before now is that they should still be considered Post ban receivers.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!! He did assembly them, then just recently parted them back out. Is there any for me to know for sure if ther are legal pre ban or not. Are these of any extra value being that the s.n. are 0001 and 0004?
Thanks again for the help, I was afraid I bought Century recievers.   Chris Bell
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 2:53:27 AM EDT
[#3]
If they were verifabily in pre-ban configuration (i.e. a dated photo of some kind, etc) before the '94 ban (and they had all the requisite US parts in it as well!)....AND if they were recently parted out...then it's a good chance they're verifable pre-ban receivers, just waiting for a real G3 kit to be put on.

As far as serial numbers go...well, they're just serial numbers. It'd be one thing if all the parts were numbered the same as well, but since it's just the receiver...[:\]
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#4]
These are posties, not preban.  Back in 1994, the only options for semiauto G3 clones were the HK91, Greek SAR3/8, and the Portugese FMP XG3S.  No one was bringing in stripped G3 type receivers.  Pressing in an HK barrel is not for the hobbyist - you need special jigs to keep the receiver from crushing.  Now look at the receiver - does it look like there was a barrel pressed and pinned in and then removed?  Is there a trunion in there?  I suppose its possible with such low serial numbers, but its extremely unlikely.  And because they were imported, he would have had to have built them up in compliance with the '89 import ban (if imported after 1989, but assembled prior to 1994).  Again, at that time, there were no US made G3 parts available to build a frame into a 922(r) compliant rifle.  They're nice receivers though (I have one) and worth about $350 each.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top