Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2003 12:05:49 PM EDT

Here's the problem. I was shooting Wolf ammo ( I know! I'll have my wife dress up like Wonder Woman and beat me with a warm squash later for using it) and the rifle jammed with one round partially fed into the chamber and it won't extract. It also won't fully seat so I can fire it. How can I get it out safely? Will pushing it with a cleaning rod from the end be unsafe? Any help is appreciated.

This is the first time I've had any ammo problems with this weapon by the way.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Got it! I took the rifle apart, took everything out of my safe and put a short cleaning rod up the barrel. Put on my ear muffs and safety glasses and heavy leather gloves and just whacked it twice with only my arm inside the safe with the door mostly shut and out it came! NO MORE WOLF AMMO FOR ME!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolf sucks.  Silver Bear sucks.  Barnaul sucks.
Russian surplus sucks.  They all suck.  RUSSIAN AMMO SUCKS BIG GREEN DONKEY @#%$!

(Unless you shoot them in a weapon patterned after a Russian design)

This board seems to have an inordinate amount of people blessed by the Gods of Russian Ammo.  I don't see so many at ranges that I frequent.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wolf sucks.  Silver Bear sucks.  Barnaul sucks.
Russian surplus sucks.  They all suck.  RUSSIAN AMMO SUCKS BIG GREEN DONKEY @#%$!

(Unless you shoot them in a weapon patterned after a Russian design)

This board seems to have an inordinate amount of people blessed by the Gods of Russian Ammo.  I don't see so many at ranges that I frequent.

I hear ya. Last time I went out to the range with my father, we bought up a couple boxes of .45...and an old Sistema he had just picked up.  The .45 was Wolf ammo. Every time I shot it, I cringed, tried to duck a little, etc...needless to say, I was printing all over the paper. My father didn't understand why until I told him about what Wolf ammo was known to do.

I think he's going to give away the rest of the Wolf he has.

The only Wolf I have currently is 5.45x39, for my SAR-2. No big loss if that one goes.

Now if I can just convince him to stop using S&B as well, and stick to Winchester, etc...
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I had some Winchester .223 that i was firing through my Bushmaster.  Case parted at the extractor grove and i had a mini-kB.  had to have the case removed by a gunsmith.  took him 5 minutes and 5 bucks...  but still...

i'm now avoiding Winchester .223... probly not going to be a problem anymore... but i get a bad vibe from it now.  <shrugs>

i just use Federal, UMC, PMC, and Remington now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top