Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 6:02:07 PM EDT
I've heard rumors that HK may be planning to move their plant(s) to the U.S.  Is this true?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
There’s talk about them opening a US plant for government contracts.

The fallout to this is even if the do open up a US plant, it would be a long time before they produced for the civilian market.

Think Beretta 92FS/M-9.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There’s talk about them opening a US plant for government contracts.

The fallout to this is even if the do open up a US plant, it would be a long time before they produced for the civilian market.

Think Beretta 92FS/M-9.

The 92F/M9 was available im limited numbers when the Accoceek, MD plant was turning them out for the military. I know, because I got the chance to test drive one @ a local gun range where I worked back in the '88. While civilian marketing could be strapped due to limited production capacity, I think the bigger issue regarding H&K is the liklihood that they would turn out an "evil" civilian product in the current political climate. There is currently nothing to prevent them from doing so, but they could choose to limit marketing to gov't-only buyers.

I'll believe a US plant holds promise of newer & better things when I see my dealer stocking civilian-legal, current production G-series rifles. I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
FN   has a manufacturing facility in the USA, but they are strictly making guns for the USA govt, no commercial sales of firearm but you can buy t-shirts, mugs, etc. I think by govt agreement.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Although a few FN made AR uppers have been seen floating around for sale........
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#5]
You know, I have this friend who knows this guy who heard from his roommate's best friend's third cousin that HK has secretly built a large plant in Georgia and is tooling up to produce 1,000 HK 93s per day (to sell at $350 each) on the day the AWB expires.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:42:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Found this on HKPro's website:
http://www.hkpro.com/press/03pressrelease.pdf
Looks like HK will be opening a plant in Columbus, Ga breaking ground this fall. Guess now it's a wait-n-see if they will actually produce civilian models for the U.S.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]
www.hkpro.com/press/03pressrelease.pdf

We don't need no stinkin' HK as long as we've got Toad from SpeSHul WePPins.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm skeptical.  Remember that HK's home is the country where gun control was invented, and there's no grey area between the people and the ruling oligarchy.

You're either with the people or the government in a pure modern german political mind.

They've shown now for years that they can exist without the civilian market, and I haven't heard of them spending one dime to combat any of these silly laws.

I love their stuff, but they gotta change their attitude.  

If they prove me wrong, I'll be their biggest fan.

-- Fargo007
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Money is money...i believe that if HK is permitted to sell firearms to U.S. citizens, they will
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Money is money...i believe that if HK is permitted to sell firearms to U.S. citizens, they will

Hell, aren't they still selling "evil" guns in Norway and Finland? You see those guys on HKPro all the time with their toys.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Spade, I hope you are right.  

I am having dreams of owning and shooting a civilianized G36/XM8. I wouldn't mind a G3/HK91 either.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#12]
From a business standpoint, HK could probably clean up by tapping a previously verboten market in American civilian sales.

Still, the pessimist in me doubts they will.  You might have a better chance of asking for free samples on their factory tour.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#13]
The Number One reason I have yet to buy anything from H&K is that I just hate the sights.
I may buy a MP5 one of these days, but that’s something else entirely.
Their pistol sights are just horrible.
The guns are so good but the sights smell worse than a dead Taliban.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:32:36 AM EDT
[#14]
You think we will be able to get one of those goofy looking XM8 rifles someday?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#15]
The guys who are running this country, even the ones you trust, will offer military and LE contracts to HK and secretly include a provision that they can't produce/market the good stuff to civilians. And we will never hear about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top