Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 3:23:45 PM EDT
Dunno if this is a good forum to ask, but the SAR-8 IS an HK clone...

I have a line on a preban SAR-8, which I can pick up for $1250.  I would rate the condition as good to excellent.  I'm wondering if this is a reasonable price.

I'm also wondering if there is any reason to pay a preban premium on this gun.  It doesn't seem to me that preban status buys you much.

Any comments?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
If its marked SAR 8, its probably one of the transition models with a thumbhole stock and allen screwed on fake flash hidder.  You can do better for a true preban.  I have an SAR3/8 that I bought NIB for $1100. I checked with SA and it left the factory in A2 configuration.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think $1250 is too steep for a Greek SAR8.  I think they're hands down the best HK91 clone out there.  I got my first one back around 1994 and they were about $850-900 from the distributor at that time.  You don't get much for your pre-ban dollar (since most of the Greek guns came in after the 1989 ban), but Springfield isn't bringing in any more, and the 91 clones you see being built today domestically are built from used parts.  You may be able to do a little bit better if you can wait and look around a bit.  Over the last two months I've bought two more of them for about $900 each (still waiting for one), but I've seen them sell for up to $1400 for a NIB one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top