Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2016 12:30:07 AM EDT
Outside of what's in the title, that's about all I know. Looks like a kit build...not sure by who. Receiver is parkarized, rest of metal looks to have a shiny black paint on style finish. Kind of pebbly plastic furniture. The shop is asking $850 plus tax, rifle comes with 3 mags. Does not have the folding charge handle. Bolt carrier did have the lightning cuts. At this price, for a shooter or collector is it worth the money? Unfortunately I don't have pics but will be going back later today to look at it. Did anyone build off this pairing in large numbers? Anything specific I should be looking for? and it does have long L1A1 style flash hider/carry handle/and bayonet lug. Gas adjustment ring seemed much looser than that of my STG58 back in the day.Thanks for any info guys.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:06:34 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's as described BUY!!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 4:22:57 AM EDT
[#2]
FMAP is a license-built receiver.  Don't get better than that without being actual Belgians.

Parts kit is mostly about aesthetics, ergonomics, and to some extent what mags they take.  Seems like a fine deal to me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Went back today and took a better look. Receiver was stamped Latta, SC. It's an inch kit on a metric receiver. Not sure who built it but it looks pretty well done up. The bore looks crisp which could mean one of two things, it was a safe queen or possibly it doesn't work as it should. I'm on the fence but if I can offload some items I may grab it up. Guy said $800 out the door was the best he could do.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, and I didn't find two matching numbers anywhere on the gun.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Receiver itself is probably $600.....
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#6]
That's a buy.  

Only thing that gives me (slight) pause is the lack of inch cuts that most of the Century ones had done.  Charging handle cut, notches for cover tabs and the inch cut mag well notch (wider than the metric beak cut).

I would look to having the charging handle cuts made, they're not complicated, they just clearance for the folded charging handle.  Run over to Fal files as there are a few dedicated FAL smiths that could hook you up.  

Option two is swap recievers for an inch type and build up a metric rifle so you have two.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Ironic it's a Brit pattern rifle built on an Argy receiver.

They make wonderful guns.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FMAP is a license-built receiver.  Don't get better than that without being actual Belgians.

Parts kit is mostly about aesthetics, ergonomics, and to some extent what mags they take.  Seems like a fine deal to me.
View Quote

Argentine steel quality was typically better than that of the Belgians.

Great receiver. Buy it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a buy.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top