Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 8:02:04 PM EDT
Man those bipod screws on the DSA STG 58 are a tough mother to crack , Ive broke 2 screw drivers tonight trying to remove them . I now have them soaking in PB blaster and I think Im going to bring my Impact driver home tomorrow . Are they normally this much of a pain to remove?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Man those bipod screws on the DSA STG 58 are a tough mother to crack , Ive broke 2 screw drivers tonight trying to remove them . I now have them soaking in PB blaster and I think Im going to bring my Impact driver home tomorrow . Are they normally this much of a pain to remove?

You are doing it wrong. Remove the castle nuts, not the bolts.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:08:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Ohhhh That makes sense . Thanks. I owe you a beer.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Got it off today , Had to kill it with fire though ... Used my mini torch ,gottem nice a red came right off with very little effort using my leatherman can opener as a spanner wrench .The screws were still a little tough to break lose so I put some heat on the plates and they came on out easy then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top