Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:10:26 PM EDT
I only need one 10rd mag....where should I get it? I saw one at a gunshow once and it was like 50 bucks . I don't want to pay $50 for a single magazine.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
DSA has some seconds in their clearence section.  I bought one and it was perfect , I couldn't tell it was a second and it functions flawlessly.

Kirk-A3
www.dsarms.com
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
DSA has some seconds in their clearence section.  I bought one and it was perfect , I couldn't tell it was a second and it functions flawlessly.

Kirk-A3
www.dsarms.com

EXCELLENT!  Thanks for the info. I ordered one along with a hammer trigger sear set, so now I can complete my rifle!! WOOT WOOT!! If you're ever in PRK, I owe you a beer!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got one last week. Perfect condition.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#4]
You can WECSOG one from a 20 rounder as well.  I bought 5 or 6 aluminum 20's and converted 2 to 10 rounds.  Just in case I wanted to hunt with it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a 5 rnd, 10 rnds, and 2 30 rnd mags abotu two weeks ago.  Still haven't gotten them.  How long does DSA usually take?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one I made out of a 20 rounder.  I put 5 rounds in the mag, slowly slid the floorplate back............

WATCH OUT FOR THAT SPRING ELMO!!!!!!!!!!

After I got myself up off the floor, went to the bathroom to change the shorts, I carefully measured the distance to the bottom of the follower.  I then took another spare mag & removed the follower, carefully profiled a small block of oak to fit the underside of the follower.  I then cut it off at the appropriate length (can't remember the actual length).

I then epoxied the wood block to the bottom of the floor plate after shaping it to fit inside the mag spring.  After it was all dried, I slid the follower back in, shoved that stupid, mutherphu**in,, absolutely won't go in.......... GAWD AWFUL SPRING!!!!!!!!!! into the mag body & slid the floor plate home.

Should have seen the local game warden when I had it out in the field.  He did ask about it, I showed him, 5 rounds in, no more.  He thought it was kind of cool.............don't know if it was the FAL or the mag.  He hadn't seen a "black rifle" in the field before.  But he did kind of like it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I measured the front and rear height of an SR25 20 rounder and cut down an FAL mag body to the same numbers, leaving a little extra for the floor plate tabs.  Bent said tabs and reassembled.  10 round mag, 5 bucks and some time.  I need to make a mandrel to fit inside the body to speed up the tab bending process.  Then I could knock out 10 rounders at about 10 minutes a pop.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have one I made out of a 20 rounder.  I put 5 rounds in the mag, slowly slid the floorplate back............

WATCH OUT FOR THAT SPRING ELMO!!!!!!!!!!

After I got myself up off the floor, went to the bathroom to change the shorts, I carefully measured the distance to the bottom of the follower.  I then took another spare mag & removed the follower, carefully profiled a small block of oak to fit the underside of the follower.  I then cut it off at the appropriate length (can't remember the actual length).

I then epoxied the wood block to the bottom of the floor plate after shaping it to fit inside the mag spring.  After it was all dried, I slid the follower back in, shoved that stupid, mutherphu**in,, absolutely won't go in.......... GAWD AWFUL SPRING!!!!!!!!!! into the mag body & slid the floor plate home.

Should have seen the local game warden when I had it out in the field.  He did ask about it, I showed him, 5 rounds in, no more.  He thought it was kind of cool.............don't know if it was the FAL or the mag.  He hadn't seen a "black rifle" in the field before.  But he did kind of like it.

I had a conservation officer stop me and mine was much the same only I have a 10 round limit.  He actually never questioned the rifle or it's capacity just commented that it was a nice looking rifle and went on.  I think I'll still get the 5 round mag.  The 20 rounder is just long.  Mag was always poking me somewhere when I was moving.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I ordered a 5 rnd, 10 rnds, and 2 30 rnd mags abotu two weeks ago.  Still haven't gotten them.  How long does DSA usually take?

Mags shipped today...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mags shipped today...

Damn 2 weeks to ship?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top