Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 1:43:31 AM EDT
I have one on a DSA scope mount/reciever cover. What is the ideal zero for .308 with this type of HOB?
I've been told 50 yards works fine? Looking for a zero that will keep the bullet within the 4 moa dot for the closest to longest distances
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I had my Aimpoint on the FAL for a little while. It was mounted on an ARMS mount. I zeroed it for
50yds. I never had a chance to shoot it out to 200+ yds.

The 50 yd zero should work well I'm told.

I really liked the Aimpoint on the FAL, it was pretty fast to get back on target during rapid fire strings. However, I decided to put the Aimpoint back on my AR15 and I put a Nikon 4x on my FAL. I'm only going to use the Nikon when hunting, the rest of the time I'm back to iron's with the FAL.

I still really like the Aimpoint on the FAL but I've only got one Aimpoint and it needed to live on the shorty AR.

Later on when money's not so tight I'd like to get an Aimpoint M3 (2moa) and the Aimpoint 3x magnifier for my FAL. I think that would be the hot set-up for an FAL.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Be safe,

Flyer
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with a 100 yard zero.  I haven't really worked out the bullet drop yet but 100 yards seem more appropriate with a .308.  I have a 3X I can use with my M3 2MOA (GGG mounts), system works very well so far but I haven't put more than 100 rds downrange with it yet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I went with a 100 yard zero.  I haven't really worked out the bullet drop yet but 100 yards seem more appropriate with a .308.  I have a 3X I can use with my M3 2MOA (GGG mounts), system works very well so far but I haven't put more than 100 rds downrange with it yet.

thats what  I was thinking as well, considering .308 is much flatter than 5.56. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top