Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 10:31:29 AM EDT
i have a fal and just ordered a ta11c. i did not know it was designed for the carry handle ar platform..of course my fal is a flat top. i shoot military surplus and i was wondering the difference for sighting in at 100 yards with it mounted on a flat top platform as opposed to a carry handle...thanks...mark
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#1]
dsa makes a special scope mount that will mount a ta11c at a proper level for a fal.

www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=TA620A&storeid=1&image=acogfalmnt.gif
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I am currently using a Compact ACOG on my Para, but I tried the TA31 on it just to see if it would work. It does. The only thing to keep in mind is that the stadia lines are calibrated for a specific weapon, firing a specific projectile. So the TA31 is calibrated for a 16" AR/M16, mounted on a carry handle, firing the 62 grain projectile. I have the scope mounted on my AR carry handle and I use 55 grain ball. So it isn't dead on either, but it is close enough for what I use it for.
Using a 5.56 calibrated optic on your FAL will probably be no big deal. The ACOG is probably more accurate than your rifle anyhow, so it's not likely you'll even notice.
If you try it and hate it, you can always sell the scope or buy a rifle to put under it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I've put everything I got on mine.  Comp M, Eotech, even cheap tasco scopes.  They all work well.  It's a very easy platform to scope out.  That reason has put the FAL over the M14 for me.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am currently using a Compact ACOG on my Para, but I tried the TA31 on it just to see if it would work. It does.

How is the eye relief? I'm worried about getting smacked in the eye if I put a compact ACOG on a FAL.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Eye relief is super. I am more worried about craning my head too far forward and getting smacked in the nose by the locking mechanism/knuckle. Seriously, it works just fine, and there is enough eye relief on the compact ACOG to mount it way to the rear of the DSA scope mount, or farther forward. I have mine mounted far enough forawrd so that when I look through it, it is almost like looking through a reflex or aimpoint sight. Putting it farther back gives a tunnel vision effect.
I really think it is the perfect set-up for my usage. Slight magnification for scanning out over the desert floor or across the mountains, and fast with the illuminated reticle/BAC action.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a TA01B on my carbine.
No issues thus far.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#7]
well the ta11c is here..i am just waiting for the scope mount from dsa...they are back ordered a couple weeks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top