Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 3:17:31 AM EDT
What I would like to know is can you mount a Aimpoint on the handguards?
How easy is it to remove the handguards once they are installed?
Thanks
43E1P
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:40:06 AM EDT
[#1]
yes you can.....and very easy just loosen the screws
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the exact size of those hex screws? I can't find a hex wrench that will fit them and I have a lot of hex wrenches laying around... none seem to be the right size.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:07:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What I would like to know is can you mount a Aimpoint on the handguards?
How easy is it to remove the handguards once they are installed?
Thanks
43E1P

Before I got a scope mount, I use to have a Aimpoint w/QRP mounted on the handguards.  As said before removal and installation is very easy.

Quoted:
What is the exact size of those hex screws? I can't find a hex wrench that will fit them and I have a lot of hex wrenches laying around... none seem to be the right size.

I use a 9/64 allen wrench.  The instructions that came with my handguards says "allen head 8-36 cap screws" and tools required says "9/64 allen wrench".
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]
So I guess the Interface does not free float the barrel. I have been trying to find out if it does.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#5]
The DSA unit does not FF the barrel. It also requires the removal of the handguard cap. Most just cut them off, and if you change your mind DSA makes a two piece cap to replace it.
Grenadier Precision was/is going to produce a FAL version of their ARM-R railed handguard, which would FF the barrel, but so far thats only vaperware. I don't know if theirs use's the handguard cap or not.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out this on the FAL Files

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=156159

Look at post #14 by WEG and the rest.

I called Vandenberg to ask about his float system and going to get a DSA barrel and senf d it to him with one of the Imbel Recievers from DHW. I think I will also let him do a Brake for me.

Check out his web site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top