Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2005 6:58:16 AM EDT
So I get a call from Dealer Warehouse asking if I still want my two Imbel Recievers.

I said I got them already and was told no more were being made,

He said that they have them being delivered next week.

I figured I would oick up two more and pass the info on if any one is still looking for them.

Yes the price did go up $20.00
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
If you don't mind me asking, how much where the receivers? Also could you provide the link to the delaers warehouse? I typed in dealers warehouse dot com and all I got was a medical prescription site.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks chupdog!! THey don't list prices of the receivers though, what's up with that?
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a call from them also.  They said the price was $250.  I said no thanks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes the price did go up $20.00

I think the price went up around $70+/- bucks. Werent they selling for $179 before? I think TDW jacked the prices up knowing that most people will bite. Any news on when they're supposed to arrive? Every time I call and ask the cock that answers the phone harasses me about being on "the list" and won't give me straight answers about the receivers. My dealer called me up and asked if I still wanted the receiver I ordered in March/April. He felt like a total ass for the major delay and having to jack the price up.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#6]
You know I almost didn't want to buy for the $250.00

I sad the last ones cost me $179.00...Only problem watching other posts and seeing thet there are no more for that price. Then looking at DSA and waiting for a DCI which is going to be no place near $179.00. I figure what are the choices of getting Imbels at all.

My last builds on them were 100% no problems and the only other bite I had were some Century. So I have one more kit which will become a Para and then I will own a STG58, Belgium and the PARA. Will have a extra reciever that I might use or be able to sell for $500.00 in a couple of years when there are no more around.....

Just kidding
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Its a matter of principle for me.  Liars wont get my business. Period. I'll wait for a Coonan, and if they dont show in about 4-6 months, I'll splurge on a DSA. TDW wont get a dime of my money.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I called today and they claim the shipment missed its flight into the country last week and will be shipped on Monday I still don't know why this guy is so butthurt on making sure you're on "the list" before he'll freaking talk with you
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Sold my last extra imbel for $300
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#10]
$300 seems to be the norm,I recently picked up two at that price-300x2, ouch.I'd been holding out, hoping to pick up one to complete a couple of STGs that i'd bought from FAC. (tells you how long ago that was. LOL)  I never could find one in stock,for the low price of $179.
I've been on the "list" since May,I doubt I'll get the E.M. asking if I still want em,I'll buy, if they do.The cost after the transfer,s./h.,will still raise the price to $300.
Anyway...the 2003 CAI marked imbels that I bought & used to build one this past week,went very smooth,no problems with fit.only had to shave the barrel slightly to time.& This STG  will run & Thump.
jimmo
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
If you can buy Imbel receiver at 300 a pop you'd be well advised to buy all you can afford.  Much better investment than a C.D. or savings account at the bank.  When no more are available you'll be able to name your price.....
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope these are marked Imbel Logo marked like my last two, and not CAI Imbels. I didn't think to ask that question. I also hopw DCI come out soon since it is counted has American parts.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I hope these are marked Imbel Logo marked like my last two, and not CAI Imbels.

Should be the gear logo ones.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#14]
For $300 I can buy a DSA receiver and get one more US part.

The whole reason for buying an Imbel receiver is because they were cheap, now I see no reason.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The whole reason for buying an Imbel receiver is because they were cheap, now I see no reason.

Is that all they cost? I might call my dealer then and tell him to cancel my order with TDW and get me a DSA.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that all they cost? I might call my dealer then and tell him to cancel my order with TDW and get me a DSA.....

No, they are closer to $400 retail (you can get them cheaper if you shop around). However, you get a US part and if there is a problem you actually have factory support with DSA.

Imbels were decent quality and CHEAP...since they are no longer cheap why buy one?

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I hope these are marked Imbel Logo marked like my last two, and not CAI Imbels. I didn't think to ask that question. I also hopw DCI come out soon since it is counted has American parts.

The stigma of a Imbel being stamped with the CAI Importer markings,Thus, thought by more than a few to be inferior to the PAC marked Imbels.
Like I posted above,  the 2003 Imbel gear logo imported through CAI,gave me no trouble at all.Some receivers, may have had issues,I'm not sure which ones,I may have been lucky,But I doubt that,& I know who built the rifle and which parts I have.The value of the receiver may be lower because it's marked CAI? No.I'm not trying to .And I'll stop the rant.

Let's hope TDW will come through with some receivers for all needing em.Is the real issue.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Funny thing, TDW is STILL advertising Imbel receivers in the December 1st issue of SGN. Why are they still advertising these when they don't even think they'll be able to fill back orders?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#20]
YIKES.......After reading those Ads,$250 would be a BARGAIN !!!

$399 Is Rape.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:31:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A DSA Type 3 receiver is $350. If you have a good FFL holder, you will be out the door for $370. Imbels are great receivers but the DSA receiver will give a US part and is a superior receiver.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Isn't the DSA receiver's aluminum and the Imbel's steel?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#23]
there isnt a aluminum recever. theres been ones tested and one company releaced one all had catastrophic results. dsa has a picture of one that exploded forgot which company decided they were safe enough. dsa recevers are steel and they also make a stainless steel recever.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Other than being able to order a DSA in type one or type two, I have found NO DSA receiver to be of better quality than a IMBEL.  We've built over two dozen IMBELS, all have gone together with zero tolerance issues.  I still say that a IMBEL receiver that costs $300 is a good investment.  As far as I know DSA receivers are backordered, last I heard at least six months.  I think that as soon as the IMBELS dry up there will be a price increase at DSA. The aluminum rceivers were made be a company called Williams something or other.  Many people got bit hard on these,  the company folded and did not issue refunds or start making steel receivers to replace the aluminum as they said they were going to do.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#25]
The price of FAL receivers will come down.  Its high now because of "fears" regarding this ban.  The market will adapt (coonans will come out, maybe others too).  So in the meantime, I've set aside my kits and tools, ready to go, and picked up a new hobby or two.  AK building is fun too.  A little bolt action C&R rifle fun is good also.  Just like a junkie, I can find my fix elsewhere so I can wait on those receivers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#26]
1919A4 is also a nice build or it's big brother in 50cal.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
1919A4 is also a nice build or it's big brother in 50cal.

I built a 1919a4 using an 80% receiver, and let me tell you, not only was the build fun, shooting the thing is orgasmic
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Thats what I am thinking is yours a 308 or 30-06?

Who you get the 80% from because I am thinking of the blue prints and a mill from scratch.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Thats what I am thinking is yours a 308 or 30-06?

Who you get the 80% from because I am thinking of the blue prints and a mill from scratch.

308. I got most of my stuff from gunthings.com? Something like that. Keep in mind that there's more to it than just the right side plate. If you have any questions on the build, feel free to IM me any time.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks will do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top