Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 5:29:11 PM EDT
Anyone have any information for me on this?

I found a Imbel reciever on what looks to be a old Century build. Black plastic furnature. But it can't be that old, because the time this thing was made, they were building R1A1's. The reciever is an Imbel and say's "PAC 4XXX". It's in the low 4,000 range for serials numbers. The rest of the gun looks like a typical Imbel build, before the AWB sunseted. No flash hider. So how old can this rifle be?

And for $650, is that a good price?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
PAC is the importer. Century also imported and are so marked,.I'm not shure but maybe the importer could have their own serial numbers.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I beleive Imbel stamps mfg. year inside the magwell.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I beleive Imbel stamps mfg. year inside the magwell.

Thanks, I forgot about that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]
If it is marked PAC, then it isn't a Century built rifle.

$650.00 could be high, fair, or a steal depending on condition. I know that sounds weak, but with the info that you provided, it is the most accurate answer that I can give.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Imbel started stamping the year in the mag well in 2001. You can call dealers warehouse and they might tell you when the receiver was built. IIRC, Cenruty did not build any guns no Imbels til lately. It COULD be a IMI M444. Are the any markings under the ejection port.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It COULD be a IAI M444. Are the any markings under the ejection port.

I have a M-444 manual, and the serial  number for the gun is listed inside- PAC8923. I would *assume* all the IAI's were built on PAC Imbels.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It COULD be a IAI M444. Are the any markings under the ejection port.

I have a M-444 manual, and the serial  number for the gun is listed inside- PAC8923. I would *assume* all the IAI's were built on PAC Imbels.

That would be a correct assumption. The guns were built from Imbel Kits using Imbel receiver that they got from Dealer Warehouse. The specific marking I am talking about would be on the upper receiver right under the ejection port. It wll say something like "IAI M444", or something like that. Later in the producrtion run they changed the builder markings and I can't remember what it would say but it will be under the ejection port.

The only way to know for sure is to call Dealers Warehouse and see if they can tell you about the receiver. Is the date stamped in the mag well?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
So is PAC the parts kit importer or the builder after it came into the US? I just bought a IMBAL/PAC920X SN FAL yesterday. Parts like the BBL, bolt parts and all that are in very good condition and for 400 bucks I'm not complaining. Very little wear on the entire rifle. This one does have the flash hider so I would assume it has a threaded BBL. How can I find out if it was a home build [I doubt it] or what company made it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top