Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 3:51:33 PM EDT
I just traded for a CAI R1A1 with a US marked reciever (non  unibrow). The gun appears to be new and came with a tag on the barrel stating the barrel was new (no flash suppressor /brake). This is my first FAL and I don't know a whole lot about them. I noticed that the break down latch arm did not go all the way down. The latch inside is only going approximatly 2/3's of the way in.  Is this normal or do I need to file/mill down the shelf in the upper receiver so the latch is fully extended?

Thanks,
                                                                                                               Mantra
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It is normal. It is designed so that as the locking body and receiver tang wear, the fit will remain tight. Unless it pops open during firing, don't sweat it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,
            Mantra
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:45:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope your rifle proves to be a great shooter. Mine has about 200 rounds thru it and no malfunctions at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top