Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 10:15:59 PM EDT
Is $469.00 cheap for a FAL. Found one for this price. It is a R1A1 built on a Century Receiver. They say it shoots good. Sounds like a deal to me but I dont know that much about FAL prices.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is $469.00 cheap for a FAL. Found one for this price. It is a R1A1 built on a Century Receiver. They say it shoots good. Sounds like a deal to me but I dont know that much about FAL prices.

I have one but when purchasing a FAL built by Century, you gotta watch out. Mine is built on a Imbel no logo rec. and it has Zero problems. As for the Century rec., well I figure someone will chime in on those. In the mean time, chaeck out FALfiles.com.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a R1A1 at a considerably higher price. It works but you can tell they had their monkeys slap it together. Honestly, I'd go with a metric type rifle because parts are more available. You can switch to a para folder stock later and you'll probably have a bold hold open that works out of the box.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Not too bad. About 3~4 months ago, Century had a "dealer special" price at $399, so your dealer has added ~$50 mark up, after shipping.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought my kit so I guess I will pass on this one. I really dont have the money right now and my wife would just go thru the ceiling. The price is 469.00 and that includes shipment. Finish is cammo. It has the bipod. Gunbroker.com has it if anybody is interested but I better forget about this one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
My Century R1A1 is an inch pattern. Aussie parts (Dated 1968). The lower is not marked. I wish I knew who made it.
The key to any Century product is to INSPECT.
I have had pretty good luck with their products.
The store I go to does not sell any Century that are bad.

See if you can fire the FAL before you buy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:20:11 AM EDT
[#7]
If it descent have the dreaded "uni-brow" feed ramps it should be fine. Open the action, remove the top cover and bolt group look at the feed ramps just below the barrel. If there are two feed ramps, one on either side, you should be good to go. If it's one continuous bevel like you would find on any auto pistol.......run Forest!!!!!!
Century may have a bad reputation, but as long as the receiver is good any other problems are easy and cheap to fix.
ETA: Link to pictures of good and bad.
www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61950&highlight=Centur%2A
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top