Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2005 6:56:03 PM EDT
ANy opinions on these two pieces of gear?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the Tapco mount but I have a couple of DSArms lightweight lowers and I think they are great.

If they weren't a bit pricey I'd have them on all of my FALs.

Wouldn't think that little bit of weight reduction over a steel lower would be that noticeable but it is. I think it improves the balance of the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both TAPCO and DSA mounts and like them both. The DSA nudges out the TAPCO with the advent of the 5th clamp.

The DSA alum lower is sweet. I've always bought stripped ones tho.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Tapco 4th gen mount. Lighter that the DSA anvil
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
My FAL is a Springfield built on an Imbel reciever, but all the gunsmiths I have talked to about building another FAL (tactical carbine version) strongly recommend the DSA piece.

I have  just got a Tapco 4th Gen Mount on it, to replace the Israele style scope mount I now have. It's a great piece, light weitht & good workmanship, but now I need shorter rings to mount my scope at the proper height for my stock-weld. While Im at it, might as well get a set of throw-lever quick mount rings.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my DSA lightweight lower.  It also counts as a US compliance part (trigger housing).
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks, y'all. Do you guys use the US or imported parts in the DSA lower? Are the US parts any good (do they hold up)?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
thanks, y'all. Do you guys use the US or imported parts in the DSA lower? Are the US parts any good (do they hold up)?

Hell, my DSA lower is full of all kinds of crap.  My H/T/S are FSE USA.  Harold hasn't been making H/T/S in a while, though.  When I get my para kit, I'll officially have the requisite number of US parts without the H/T/S, so I'll be swapping in an FN set and keeping the FSE for a future build.

I'm pretty sure if you went with DS Arms parts in your lower, they'd be as good or better than gen-u-ine FN.  I've had nothing but excellent experiences with DSA parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top