Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 7:51:56 AM EDT
I want a backup for my imbel .
Who sells these reasonable ??
Anyone got an extra they want to trade ?? I got very nice 30 rd Center preban ar mags .
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Gunthings lists them complete for $35.
Check out Kfranz on the other site, sandcut complete bolt/carrier. $11 + $8 to lower 48.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
GunPartsGuy over to the FALfiles has been outstanding to me - I'd bet he'd hook you right up...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Please keep in mind that the bolt/carrier that you get as a spare may not provide proper head space. If you get a spare, be sure to check the head space with the new bolt and carrier. With an F A L rifle, the head space must be checked with the bolt and carrier together with the extractor removed. ( it is possible to check the headspace with the extractor installed, but generally the extractor needs to be removed)

ETA: An inch pattern bolt and carrier will work just fine your your metricpattern rifle. Here is a great source for metric or inch pattern B/BC    www.heddonpal.com
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:39:44 AM EDT
[#4]
"Please keep in mind that the bolt/carrier that you get as a spare may not provide proper head space. If you get a spare, be sure to check the head space with the new bolt and carrier. With an F A L rifle, the head space must be checked with the bolt and carrier together with the extractor removed. ( it is possible to check the headspace with the extractor installed, but generally the extractor needs to be removed)

ETA: An inch pattern bolt and carrier will work just fine your your metricpattern rifle. Here is a great source for metric or inch pattern B/BC www.heddonpal.com"

I agree entirely with the above post - and am in fact doing a carbine build using an inch B/C set in a metric build... So far, the inch sets *seem* to headspace about .004" looser than the metrics do in the same rifle - but are MUCH cheaper, and more available than the metrics are...

heddonpal certainly is a good source for FAL parts, and a great guy to deal with - but the best deal currently on those B/C sets is from kfranz - he has an add in the marketplace at the FALfiles for those with finish wear for $11 - it's hard to beat THAT!!! You'd pay that much for ONE part(firing pin, extractor, etc..) - and Ken is ALSO a great guy to deal with.. I've bought about 5 of those sets, and 2 were barely worn, and the others were finish worn, but still plenty serviceable... I'd look him up, if I were you...

- georgestrings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top