Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 9:09:42 AM EDT
I've looked over their website pretty thoroughly...are they going to be mounting non-PC flash hiders, bayonet lugs, etc.,etc., etc...

I am looking for the closest replica to the SLR formerly issued to British troops. Which rifle should I be looking at?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#1]
you need to be looking somewhere other than DSA for an Inch pattern rifle, they build metric rifles.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Though he can come DAMN close to what he wants through DSA & get the finest FAL ever made, including the model he wants a clone of.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm...they do make a great-looking rifle. What flash hider does the SLR have?

I need to try to find one locally to fondle and fire.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
IIRC SLR was just what they referred to L1A1s as and not an actual model.

i didn't mean to dissuade anyone from a DSA...my SA58 is my hands-down favorite rifle ever!
but if you want an inch gun, DSA's not the place really.
 get an aussie or brit L1A1 kit and hold your breath with the rest of us for a reputable firm to make inch receivers or build it on a metric receiver if you need instant gratification (or believe a new ban's coming very soon &want it EVIL).

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel myself being drawn closer and closer to Barrington, IL.

What changes are they making now that the infernal ban is done? Are they adding lugs and flash suppressors?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Bayo lugs are part of the flash suppressor.  I think DSA is holding off changing their web site until they have sold out of the old "post-ban" crap.  You can probably order the good stuff now, but it isn't listed on the site.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've looked over their website pretty thoroughly...are they going to be mounting non-PC flash hiders, bayonet lugs, etc.,etc., etc...

I am looking for the closest replica to the SLR formerly issued to British troops. Which rifle should I be looking at?

Call DSA. If you have money they can build it. I'd speak with Giovanni.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#9]
DSA is not going to be offering "no ban" features until the inventory of "post ban" rifles is gone, according to a spokesperson over on the FAL Files.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
DSA is not going to be offering "no ban" features until the inventory of "post ban" rifles is gone, according to a spokesperson over on the FAL Files.

I suppose I shall wait until they build their guns the way they're supposed to be...non-PC.

The question now is: SA58 or STG58?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have any thoughts on Enterprise Arms and their L1A1s/FALs/SLRs?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

my first FAL was an SA58 standard. it's now my fav firearm. BUT
if i knew then what i know now ((i'm a FALunatic)) i would have bought an STG and used the difference on  tools & kits and been further ahead of the curve!
don't get me wrong - it's a fine piece of work; truly a pleasure to behold.
and the added niceties of the SA58 are cool. mine came with the alloy lower, triggerguard and topcover.
it came with alot of 'extra' us parts that have since helped breathe life into boxes of parts.
but the new DS STG58s i've seen were so nice, it's hard to say i'd do it again the way i did.

last reports i recall RE: entreprise were not good. qc problems. don't have one or access to it though. search on the Files.
while you can!?!?  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:02:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suppose I shall wait until they build their guns the way they're supposed to be...non-PC.

I spoke with DSA yesterday. They'll pretty much build whatever you want. They plan on updating their website in the next two months as well.

In any event, I'll likely go with the SA58 Standard with the L1A1 flashhider or Browning Model Long flashhider. I am already salivating at the thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top