Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 7:42:31 AM EDT
Anyone know if there are 5 round hunting magazines available for FAL's?  And where?  I've been playing with my new toy, and decided it would make a good little bambie rifle.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
DSA has some.  link
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I wonder if there is a cheaper option?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I was thinking about cutting down two 20rnders to hold 10rnds(for shooting off the bench) - then making 5rnd plugs for them - that way, they'd be nice for bench work, and after tossing in the 5rnd plugs, they'd be hunting legal... Best of all, it wouldn't cost me anything but a little time...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got three of the DSA five rounders.

They're great. On mags, I feel you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Try CDNN, that's where I got mine.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:06:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Tapco has them too, but i dont know if they're any cheaper.  Lucky for me I live in a state with no capacity laws.  I could go out with AK and a 75rd drum if I wanted to.  Sad part is, I'm sure someone has already done it.......
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you just load one round and not carry a magazine ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I asked the game wardens, who had asked to see our Duck Stamps this morning about this, and they indicated I won't be needing a 5rnd. hunting mag. in NC.  Sooooo...  Thanks anyway.  I can just put a couple rounds in one of the mags I've got.    

Wolffie
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#10]
lego blocks work excellent for blocking magazines to a lesser capacity, and if you use the right ones they will stay inside of the mag springs.
POlyTECH
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#11]
the cheaper option

observe the 5 rounder first on a web site, then guestimate the actual length, use a pencil and stencil out an outline to include portions (lips) to hold the floor plate...then dremel cut the mag, bend the lips to hold the floor plate and viola, a 5 rounder...(i successfully experimented on a really cheesy steel imbel mag, its works).  (oh yeah you gotta guestimate the coils you have to cut from the mag spring too - that's tough).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top