Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2004 9:09:56 AM EDT
Gentlemen, I defer to the FAL forum for your knowledge with these great guns, and therefore ask:  Do original Belgian FN FALs have chrome lined bbls/chambers?  Thanks in advance.  Cloak

ETA:  I read the topic a few threads ago, and from what it states I assume the answer to the above is "yes", but I'd like to know definitively from someone who got the scoop.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
DSA had a run of barrels done by FN here in America a bit back.  They were reported to be beautifully hammerforged and chrome lined.  Back in the early 80s I purchased an FN that was chrome lined also.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Many STG and G1 barrels are according to a number of people on FALfiles not chrome lined.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The STG's are typically chromed in the chamber, not in the rest of the bore. I don't know a lot about the G1's, but I've heard that a few were fully chrome lined. They may have been arsenal reworked guns though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in the market for either an FAL or an M14 type rifle.  As I am not a target shooter, and am well aware of the effects of rain water on a carbon steel barrel, I refuse to buy a gun that does not feature a chrome lined barrel.....jimmyp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top