Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 12:18:29 PM EDT
I saw a .223 Fal at the DSA Arms booth in Pittsburgh at the NRA Convention.. It took AR mags, and looked like just the ticket for a new toy..

I was on DSA's website and did'nt see it.. Does anyone know anything about this gun??
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that and asked the guys at the booth about it.  This was first shown at the Shot Show but they are having feeding problems with it.  They are working on it but don't have it right yet.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The original was the FN FNC. It is a .223 based on the FAL design.

I can see why they would have feeding problems. The geometry in a FAL receiver is very precise. It also takes a lot of power to cycle an FAL action.

DSA also makes the FAL in .243. I would like to buy a .243 barrel for one of my FALs but so far they are not offering them for sale.

Rusty
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Imbel of Brazil made quite a few 5.56mm FALs.  Springfield even imported a few post-bans as their SAR-48 series.  

Someone posted pics of the DSA version from the Shot Show I believe.

Reading here:

FAL Files
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Imbel of Brazil made quite a few 5.56mm FALs.  Springfield even imported a few post-bans as their SAR-48 series.  

Using what kind of mags?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a DSA catalog from 1992, they had a .223 and 7.62x39 FAL pictured-with C-Mag and AK mag respectively.
Brazil manufactures a 5.56 FAL, you'll see them on the GD board in Lumpy gun pic threads now and again, and a few were imported.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top