Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2003 7:27:05 AM EDT
It has finally arrived after a few months of waiting and it looks beautiful. I need mags. I was going to order them from DSA directly as they have used mags with new springs for $5.00.. Does anybody have these mags and if sou what do you think.. Thank you...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard those DSA ones with the new springs are as close to perfect as you'll find for the money.  I don't have any of those myself, but I recall a couple guys at the FALfiles commenting on them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
after i had two of tapco's used steel mags fail on me i bought 6 of the mags in question from DSA. they are in exellent shape and perform flawlessly.  they also have the witness holes which i like.  they do come w/ a new spring but i have not used any of them, i didnt see a need.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I buy all my mags from DSA.  I have about 30 now and I love them.  I like the older ones better than the like new.  The older ones feed better with less problems than the "newer" ones.  I also have tested one mag with Aluma Hyde in OD green to match my furniture on my STG and it looks great and after letting in cure for a week its damn near unscratchable.  I also have one 30 round mag from DSA and I have to say its the best mag I own.  No FTF at all and it looks very cool in my STG Cabine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:41:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Just rcvd 5 mags from DSA and they all look great.. Thank you everybody for the help...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]
go for the new springs.  The problem with these FALs is that they're made from old parts.  They're phosphated and look nice so you won't be ashamed to show them (unlike some of the other FAL rebuilders) but it's better to have the original parts and new springs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top