Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2003 6:27:49 PM EDT
I was looking at a Type one receiver made by FAC. Does anyone have experience with them? The price sure does seem right at 199. Should I spend another 10 and get and Imbel type 3?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:50:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you want it any time soon?  FAC has been backordered on the Dan Coonan receivers for quite some time - they do get some in every once in a while, so they are getting them, but they can't keep up with demand.  Recent reports have FAC quoting a 4-6 wait, I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if that slid back a bit.

OTOH, I believe they have the imbels in stock right now.  As for the receiver itself, it is pretty good.  It is cast vs. the forged imbel, but in all reality, I don't think it makes much difference.  Some people have reported the engraving to be very shallow, but I think they have corrected that now.  Also reports of the locking shoulder recess being cut a bit shallow - was like this.  Otherwise, hand timed perfectly and went together without issue.  Also nice because it means one less other part to replace with a US made one.

Rocko
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#2]
The Coonan receivers will be in stock next week.  I spoke to Harlan on Wednesday and he confirmed that they will be shipping by the middle of next week.

I really like the Coonans.  I've built on two of them and they look great and were easy to assemble.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys! If nobody has any major concerns with the Dan Coonan receivers being cast, I'll probably get one of those.
Top Top