Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 6:27:49 PM EDT
I was looking at a Type one receiver made by FAC. Does anyone have experience with them? The price sure does seem right at 199. Should I spend another 10 and get and Imbel type 3?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:50:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you want it any time soon?  FAC has been backordered on the Dan Coonan receivers for quite some time - they do get some in every once in a while, so they are getting them, but they can't keep up with demand.  Recent reports have FAC quoting a 4-6 wait, I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if that slid back a bit.

OTOH, I believe they have the imbels in stock right now.  As for the receiver itself, it is pretty good.  It is cast vs. the forged imbel, but in all reality, I don't think it makes much difference.  Some people have reported the engraving to be very shallow, but I think they have corrected that now.  Also reports of the locking shoulder recess being cut a bit shallow - was like this.  Otherwise, hand timed perfectly and went together without issue.  Also nice because it means one less other part to replace with a US made one.

Rocko
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#2]
The Coonan receivers will be in stock next week.  I spoke to Harlan on Wednesday and he confirmed that they will be shipping by the middle of next week.

I really like the Coonans.  I've built on two of them and they look great and were easy to assemble.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys! If nobody has any major concerns with the Dan Coonan receivers being cast, I'll probably get one of those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top