Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2003 3:55:03 AM EDT
As many here know, there has been a big push by BATFE regarding imported parts kits, particularly about whether the original receiver was correctly demilled. Well, after you read this, you might think twice about ever doing business with Century International Arms. If this is true, they make the old S&W debacle look insignificant.

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=b6d12988ac9750f1a6331349f6738a6b&threadid=79966
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
This is very disturbing to say the least.  This kind of sh*t makes me sick to my stomach.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Un-freakin-believable.  We have seen the enemy... and they is us.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
That's it, no more Century products for me...
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The funny thing about this is that the people that got these recievers (law abiding citizens) did not make maching guns out of them.So far no info if anyone has committed a crime with the so-called machinegun recievers.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:45:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As many here know, there has been a big push by BATFE regarding imported parts kits, particularly about whether the original receiver was correctly demilled. Well, after you read this, you might think twice about ever doing business with Century International Arms. If this is true, they make the old S&W debacle look insignificant.

Bastard traitors plain and simple. First of all the average FAL guy has enough trouble barreling the semi-auto receiver let alone re-machine a semi-auto receiver to accept the full auto parts from any kit. Plus I bet if BATF really dug into it, they would find once again the guys building rifles from FAL kits are law-abiding citizens and I bet you won't find one select fire gun, you can almost take that to the bank. I don't blame BATF, I blame Century. BATF agents are forced into a bad situation when someone pulls this crap. You can't blame BATF for legislative policy. The further banning of kits, I can't see that. The de-milled receivers can be taken out of the kits, I have often wondered why they haven't taken the mag catch and bolt hold open off and sent the barrel stripped. May cost a few more pennies, although I doubt it. I have only one Imbel upper from them and one complete rifle which is of Romanian descent. Funny, I was sitting there last night looking at the FCG of the CAI 2003 SAR-1 and getting a game plan together to fix all the crappy things that Century did to it before I read this post. Century has always and will always build garbage, they are crap peddlers. We should take every crappy century rifle we have and demand refunds on them because we are fearful they could be too easily converted into machine guns, see how they like it. They make me sick and not that I bought anything from them over the years with exception of the 2 items listed (Bought the Imbel upper from FAC, Century was merely the importer) now I really won't buy anything from them. I wonder what they are going to do with their people that build rifles in a cave with a rock once this catches up with them. They will get a call from me. Corporate scumbags. Century is the Enron of the firearm industry.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I can’t believe that you guys are making a stink about this.

Bottom line is that the old receiver was not cut in the correct place.  All the BATF wants is the old receiver stub piece (the part you never use any way, not the entire rifle/kit). All you need to do is either give them the old receiver stub, or just cut the old stub between the threads and mag well front and show them that the receiver has been de-milled.

As far them knowing if you have a rifle, you already signed for the receiver, so they already know that you have built up a rifle.  Hell, they don’t even want to look at what you built; they just want the old receiver stub.
If it really bothers you to have them at your house, mail the old receiver stub to them and be done with it.

P.S. if you guys want something to bitch about, think of all the guys that bought the MK M-14 receivers, them had to give the BATF the new receivers, or entire rifle if they didn’t have a way of getting the parts off the illegal receivers.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Bottom line is that the old receiver was not cut in the correct place.  All the BATF wants is the old receiver stub piece (the part you never use any way, not the entire rifle/kit). All you need to do is either give them the old receiver stub, or just cut the old stub between the threads and mag well front and show them that the receiver has been de-milled.

Agreed. My experience with any BATF office has been nothing but pleasant and helpful. Like I said, don't blame BATF agents for doing their jobs, the beef lies with Legislators. From what I have heard BATF has been very cool about the entire situation and they have in-fact only requested the demilled receiver. That I have no problem with whatsoever, these are just people doing their jobs. My issue is with the hacks at Century that pulled this on purpose. Like I said, I have no issue with BATF gathering up the demilled receivers. What I do take issue with is someone in the firearms industry pulling such low-ball New York City corporate shenanigans. You think they give a crap if anyone has a select fire gun? Look at the crap they sell to the public. Public safety and customer satisfaction is the last of their concerns. They are garbage peddlers.

As far them knowing if you have a rifle, you already signed for the receiver, so they already know that you have built up a rifle.  Hell, they don’t even want to look at what you built; they just want the old receiver stub.
If it really bothers you to have them at your house, mail the old receiver stub to them and be done with it.

P.S. if you guys want something to bitch about, think of all the guys that bought the MK M-14 receivers, them had to give the BATF the new receivers, or entire rifle if they didn’t have a way of getting the parts off the illegal receivers.

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Agreed. My experience with any BATF office has been nothing but pleasant and helpful. Like I said, don't blame BATF agents for doing their jobs, the beef lies with Legislators. From what I have heard BATF has been very cool about the entire situation and they have in-fact only requested the demilled receiver. That I have no problem with whatsoever, these are just people doing their jobs. My issue is with the hacks at Century that pulled this on purpose. Like I said, I have no issue with BATF gathering up the demilled receivers. What I do take issue with is someone in the firearms industry pulling such low-ball New York City corporate shenanigans. You think they give a crap if anyone has a select fire gun? Look at the crap they sell to the public. Public safety and customer satisfaction is the last of their concerns. They are garbage peddlers.

Just made it easier to read your responce.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#9]
The point is, BATFE didn't have any issue at all until Century tried to make a case that their competition (and a small competitor at that) was selling essentially the same thing, but demilled in such a way that it would be easy to restore as full auto (which was and is total BS). They knew it was BS, but in the self serving interest of harming their competition, they essentially threw the while kit building community under undue scrutiny. To try and milk that last little bit of profit they sold out their market. Screw them! Let them starve and wither.

Edited to add, I do agree the BATFE has handled this well thus far. Let's see if they will contiune to allow the importation of kits. My beef is with Century International Arms. F*ck'em.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top