Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 3:50:48 PM EDT
First let me say I am totally compliant with 922 and the 94 ban but this did cross my mind, I am currently using a DSA zero climb muzzle brake and if the ban sunsets, how the hell are we going to get them off to install those nifty Austrian flash hiders?
Second question, first of all with my FAL and the DSA muzzle brake, I have yet to see any flash, anyone else? Also, in terms of function and accuracy would the muzzle brake be more effective than a flash hider? Were not some factory FALS equipped with muzzle brakes and not flashiders direct from FN?
Oh and how the heck do you get an Austrian wire cutting flas hider off of a stg58 barrel??
Any opinions greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a gadget called a Belgian Combo Device.  It's a flash hider/muzzle brake/grenade launcher.  I believe all other muzzle thingies were flash hiders.  If your brake is silver soldered then you can just get it unsoldered when the time comes.  I'm considering a Vortex flash hider myself.  I really like the effectiveness of the brake, though.  I guess we'll just have to see how things shake out.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally hate brakes, the damn things are ear splitting and an annoyance to all around them.  I wish my Cetme didn;t come with one.  My FAL does not have one, thank God.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:38:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I personally hate brakes, the damn things are ear splitting and an annoyance to all around them.  I wish my Cetme didn;t come with one.  My FAL does not have one, thank God.

Well I Like them on my FAL because in rapid fire, it does actually keep the muzzle from rising but I agree a muzzle brake on an AR15 for instance is obnoxiously loud. I don't notice much of a noise  difference on the FALS. But I still am interested to know, with the exception of AR's, does anybody really get any flash with a brake? I guess I'm trying to justify removing my brakes once the bad DOES sunset. Hey Hiram, how is that CETME? I think those rifles are super cool looking and I have thought about picking one up because I love all things .308 but I have heard nothing but horror stories. Did it run smooth right away or did you have to tweak it? Century receiver? Accurate ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top