Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2023 3:13:45 AM EDT
Comparison photos of three different barrel extension wrenches that are designed to be compatible with the SR-15.  No affiliation with any of these companies.  I just like tools, haha!

Attachment Attached File

Knight Stick:
Attachment Attached File

Sun and Shadow:
Attachment Attached File

Nefarious Arms:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 5:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
The recent version of the Nefarious tool has additional machining features to my knowledge; your sample is no longer representative of what one currently receives.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The recent version of the Nefarious tool has additional machining features to my knowledge; your sample is no longer representative of what one currently receives.
View Quote

That makes sense.  As the one I have doesn’t even fit into an SR-15 barrel extension.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That makes sense.  As the one I have doesn’t even fit into an SR-15 barrel extension.
View Quote

So just to clarify, the current nefaious arms reaction rod does not work with the SR-15?  If so, what is the point, use a Magpul BEV and be done with it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the older original one, which does not fit.  I’m assuming the revised one does fit.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 3:41:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have the older original one, which does not fit.  I’m assuming the revised one does fit.
View Quote

Details? I have a first run Nefarious Arms tool and used it on my SR-15, it was advertised with that compatibility in addition to HK 416.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
No idea. Mine does not fit. It might just be an edge on one of the lugs that needs to be filed down a very slight amount. I didn’t try forcing it into any of my SR-15s, as the Knights Stick and the Sun & Shadow tools I have just slide right in. I plan on reaching out to Nefarious Arms.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
That’s believable. The deburring and finish machining on a more recent one I saw were disappointing. I’d recommend everybody take off the o-ring and thoroughly clean the tool end for burrs etc.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Good comparison.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good comparison.
View Quote

Agreed!
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So just to clarify, the current nefaious arms reaction rod does not work with the SR-15?  If so, what is the point, use a Magpul BEV and be done with it.
View Quote

The current one works with an SR15, HK416 and standard AR15 barrel extensions
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#11]
OK thank you for the clarification.  I thought that was the case but your post was concerning.  Cheers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
newest nefarious arms needs to be deburred before use. and to corroborate it's a good and tight fit in normal extensions.

ithinking a guy could run an LMT enhanced bolt in  the e3 extension and be golden.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top