Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2002 6:01:17 PM EDT
How necessary are stripper clips to load the 03A3?  I understand you can load it either with or without them.  Will _any_ stripper clips that hold .30 cal ammo work?  I have some stripper clips for .308 ammo, would these work?  Thanks for the advice.

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm told .308 clips will work. How often will you shoot it? How many rounds at a session? They are a nice to have but fortunately not a must have like M-1 clips. 03's are easy to load without clips.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
1903 strippers are blued.  m14 strippers were parkerized.

the m14 strippers work great in an 03 or a 1917 due to the fact the casehead is the same for both .308 and .30-06.

the stirppers make it faster to reload but are not necessary.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The strippers you need for a Springfield 03 have the little turn-up tabs like M16 strippers have. They also have two bumps on each side where M14 strippers have only one on each side.

The little bumps are stops that hold the clip in alighnment. I have a couple of M14 clips in my handfull of '03 clips. They fit lose and do not load the magazine as easily as the proper clips. But they can be used.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Gloftoe,

My experiences mirror JohnnieGTyler's....

.308 strippers will work, but not as well as the original '03 strippers.  The little "stop bumps" are in the wrong place.

Without strippers you just load it one round at a time, just like any other bolt rifle.

Swampy
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How necessary are stripper clips to load the 03A3?  -Gloftoe

Very necessary for rapid fire in a service rifle match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top