Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2011 7:03:49 AM EDT
I just looked at both Sadlak and Smith Int at their mounting instructions for side optics mounts.

It doesn't feel like they will return to zero after removal. (removal for what ever reason)

I'm only a couple hundred dollars out from purchasing a Sage stock and really considering optic mounts for a variable high power scope.

I really want a mount that I can take off the scope and use the rifles irons for CQB without having to look through tiny holes through the rings.

I'm looking at strong/best mounts for the optic, but also thinking about using a Larue SPR-E mount backwards to both use as a mount and a shell deflector....... Any opinions about that setup?
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
We bought the socom II and put a LT spr turned around backwards on it... I think it will be fine if you get a scope with enough eye relief
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#2]
You can always run a troy chassis   . . . .   Then the options are the same as any AR
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Bassett Mount, it comes in low or high model. Nifty tork wrench set-up will return to zero within a half MOA
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I use an arms#18 and a LT-104 on mine, I can shoot long range with the scope throw the levers and shoot the irons and put the scope back on no problems.
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are getting a sage, call Larue and order the lt 608 mount. Not on the website but they have them. It mounts on the sage top rail and gives you a continuous rail over the bolt just like the sage mount
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Sadlak mount is made to use irons also
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:54:21 AM EDT
[#7]
My son has a Bassett on his rifle and it is really good kit.  Bassett M1A Picatinny rail mount  Installation is easy.  It doesn't shake loose, and it really does retain zero when remounted.  I'm getting one for my rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top