Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 6:51:52 PM EDT
Ray at Thrustline Manufacturing, Inc. (Ogden, UT) was kind enough to loan me one of his M14 operating rods to check out.  I've posted some photographs on my web site in the Photo Gallery - The M14 Close Up - first page.  www.imageseek.com/m1a

I'll try to get some measurements of the tab posted in this thread tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice.

off topic: We really need good bolts to be made Hint hint......
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I've made a lot of parts over the years, and I must say. Those op rods look like a real PIA to machine.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are the TMI operating rod tab dimensions I measured with a dial caliper and the corresponding drawing dimension and tolerance:

Measured Dimension / Drawing Dimension and Tolerance

Width - 0.095 " / 0.100 " - 0.005 "

Height - 0.317 " / 0.320 " - 0.003 "

Length - 0.333 " / 0.330 " - 0.010 "

I attempted to install the Thrustline Manufacturing, Inc. M14 operating rod on an Armscorp receiver, a Chinese receiver and several Springfield Armory, Inc. receivers. It would not insert into the operating rod channel. The operating rod looks very good but I recommend having a M14 gunsmith fit a TMI operating rod to your receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top