Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 3:07:49 AM EDT
How the hell do you get this thing off!!!  I got one on trade sweet rifle. just doesnt have any literature on how it comes off of the Vltor Mod stock?  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:45:12 AM EDT
[#1]
There should be two buttons at the rear end of the rail assembly.  Depress both at the same time and swing the lower half downward from the rear.  Let us know if that works.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the info took the bottom rail off.  Does the top rail come off?

Another question what can i do with this California break?  I just cant put a flashhider can I?  because of the gas block, right?  Is the barrel threaded?  I want a flashhider whats my options?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thank you for the info took the bottom rail off.  Does the top rail come off?

Another question what can i do with this California break?  I just cant put a flashhider can I?  because of the gas block, right?  Is the barrel threaded?  I want a flashhider whats my options?

IIRC the top rail is held on by a set screw/clamp arrangement I want to say by the op rod guide. Its been so long since I had the Vltor handguards I cant recall exactly but if you remove the lower rail and look at the upper you oughta see what I mean by the clamp around the barrel, pretty sure it secrued on the upper handguard clip grooves.
As for the Socom break, it is what it is. ARS of Fal fame, made a flashhider with a STG58 stoll flash hider but dont think he did many. The combo gas cylinder lock/muzzle break sorta looks goofy but I dont think theres a commercial replacement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top