Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2007 6:03:01 AM EDT
At a recent gunshow I saw a number of USGI carbines, mostly Inland. The lowest price was $700 for a beater with an import stamp.

One guy has a beat up Winchester that he has hauled to every show for the last two years. He is asking $1600 for it. It has been pointed out to him several times that the "Blue Sky" stamp on the side of the barrel might be keeping him from getting his asking price (do ya think?).

When the show was over he loaded his carbine back on his truck.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#1]
At the last big show in Indy on Nov 2&3, they were from $750- +$1100. Some were real nice and probably worth the $$, but most that I seen were not as nice as the CMP rifles I have received and were mixmasters too.

I will continue to buy thru the CMP and still have enough room to upgrade parts if needed.

The Garands seemed to be a better value at the shows, about the condition of the specials from the CMP.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#2]
most of them i saw were 600-800 for beaters and there was a winchester for 1200
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I originally thought that with the CMP pumping carbines into the supply chain, that the price would come down on USGI Carbines.  Quite the opposite has happened around here.  The increased supply has rekindled an intrest in the M1 Carbine.

Most of what I'm seeing is Inland with import stamps are starting at $700, and everything else goes up from there.

I'll take a clean Blue Sky Import any day of the week, and there are a good many floating around.  I've owned three, and all have been extremely good shooting, trouble free carbines.  I can understand not wanting that monster import stamp on the barrel, if you are a collector, but if you are shooter, why worry about it.

I concur. Despite all the horror stories you read about Blue Sky imports the dozen or so Garands and carbines I've handled/shot over the years have been, generally speaking, good guns that looked good and shot well.

I used to buy them whenever I came across a good deal at gunshows and gunstores. $200 Garands and $150 USGI carbines were not hard to find back in the early 90s. I would buy them, shoot them, then sell them again for fear of getting stuck with an "import" gun that I couldn't get rid of.  Boy I wish I still had one or two of those guns today.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I just picked up a winchester rearsenal with no import stamp in realy nice shape for $725
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#7]
The local dunhams had 3 USGI carbines for sale for $600 on friday for their post t-day sale.  Their normal price was $700.  They were in pretty decent shape, if I had $600 it would have been pretty tempting.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe I better rethink the Bluesky carbine down at the gunstore. They want $600 and I thought that was too high.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#10]
What do they sell for and what they are priced at are two very different things.
Local gunshop has 3 M1 Carbines (Inland, Winchester, and Inland) priced between $950 and $1200.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#11]
$650ish here in mid-TN. Go up from there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just picked up a winchester rearsenal with no import stamp in realy nice shape for $725

Based on what I'm seeing Winchester Carbines selling for, YOU STOLE IT!  Congrats on a good snag.

Considering Winchester was the 2nd highest producer with just a shade over 800k, that's an outrageous price. But since that's what the market brings...shrug. I just think it odd that you can usually buy one of the bottom producers for less than a Winchester.

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Based on what I'm seeing Winchester Carbines selling for, YOU STOLE IT!  Congrats on a good snag.

Considering Winchester was the 2nd highest producer with just a shade over 800k, that's an outrageous price. But since that's what the market brings...shrug. I just think it odd that you can usually buy one of the bottom producers for less than a Winchester.

True that.  I bought a really nice Standard Products w/ original Underwood barrel for $600 at a gun show in Louisville, KY, once.  Now granted, that was 11 months ago, but I thought it was a great deal compared to the other carbines I saw there.  I even talked the guy down from $700!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Ya'll are going to hate me, but I bought a Blue Sky import stamped IBM for $300 from a buddy of mine. I took it and ran, pronto! Now if he wouldn't have given his brother his Smith Corona 03A3 for FREE I would have bought it to.................
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I am seeing the reasonable ones going from $600-$700.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top