Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 7:36:07 AM EDT
Gentlemen,
...Garand's which one do you favor the most. What draws you to that rifle. Is it a safe queen or your best shooter. Or is it something about it that you can't put your finger on.
Thanks again
Clancy
www.garandm1rifle.com
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, sir, as my collection of Garands totals one rifle, I would have to name that one, a Springfield Armory rifle, made October 1945, as my favorite....and it's more accurate than I am as-is, despite having been Field Grade according to CMP.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine would have to be an "almost" correct HRA rack grade that I received from the CMP two years ago. The two parts that I needed to make it correct were a gas cylinder lock screw and the trigger assembly. Problem solved on the CMP trader board.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Clancy, you may as well ask me which one of my children is my favorite child.

I love 'em all!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
As with kids, you always have one you favor a little more, for one reason or another. Oldest Son, youngest Daughter, whatever weird though silent quirk.

Im thinking I favor the one I redid over almost all else. Something about her optical beauty. New hand done stock, hard cartouche,  new park job with 6 digits, and on top of all else a great shot group.

Damnit, now I need to go let her out of her cage and fondle her a little bit.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#5]
It's like the old Jeep commercials. "because I always wanted one". I've had 4 over the years. I settled on the one that I resurrected from a parts kit and a CMP receiver. Bringing an M1 back to life is a pretty good feeling.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
my H&R

because it keeps knocking down deer and elk, next year hopefully a moose
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#7]
My 2 million Springfield armory. I bought her with the inheritence Grandpa left me after he died. He was a marine aircraft mechanic in the Pacific during WW2 and used the garand, I had wanted to buy one and show it to him but he died 8 months before I got her.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top