Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2006 11:43:53 AM EDT
I bought several mags from Springfield a while ago as well as some from Armalite. None have any markings on them. Is there a reason? Anybody have ideas? I have never had a FTF or other malfunction with them and my SOCOM.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you me by "several". I have seen unmarked USGI mags on rare occaisions. I have seen many that were either lightly stamped or had been refinished so that the markings were difficult to see. I've never seen several unmarked USGI M14 Mags in one place. Try rubbing the back of the mags with a light coat of oil then looking closely under good lighting. You may see faint markings.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
They could be Chicom M 14 mags.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Check-Mate Industries is making twenty round magazines for Springfield Armory, Inc.  They are unmarked.  CMI is the current M14 magazine contractor for Uncle Sugar.  References: Rock Island Arsenal September 2005 IDIQ contract and Joe DeBello, Project Manager, Check-Mate Industries.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#4]
They are not Chicom unless Springfield is selling Chicom mags as is Armalite. I picked up a Scout Squad today and the ten rounder that came with it has no markings on it either. I find it interesting, not a sign of poor quality.

BTW-the new Scout will be my night vision platform. Thanks to Victor at Tactical Night Vision Company for the help. Look for him in the EE. Obviously I will be installing a Vortex on the Scout.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Chicom mags I have seen are medium to light gray in color.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top